16.

"So, what're you boys up to?" Hayley plops herself onto the couch beside Dean who has his eyes set on the television. Sam appears to be reading some type of book, however, it's definitely not an everyday-fiction-type of book. She notices the two duffel bags in the corner of the room, but decides not to question it.

"Absolutely nothing." Dean grumbles, shutting off the TV so that the two of them are left looking at the blank, black, screen.

"Well, aren't you excited for Marcel's party?" Hayley nudges his shoulder, and he sends her a look in return.

"Am I excited to go to a party that'll be full of vampires and clueless humans? Yeah, I think I'll pass on that offer," Dean shakes his head and Sam nods in agreement.

"We're actually going out of town for a while, Dean and I," Sam clears his throat, causing Hayley to furrow her eyebrows.

"Why?" She frowns slightly. That explains the bags. Besides Rebekah, Dean was the only good friend she's made so far here in New Orleans.

"We have places to be," Dean shrugs, "Anyway, what about you? Are you excited for this Blood Fest of a party?" He refrains from scoffing and Hayley rolls her eyes slightly, beginning to remind herself that she's befriending a freakin' hunter that could blow her brains out if he wanted to.

"Of course I am! I've been playing Rapunzel for way too long, I think it's time I got out of this tower and partied on," Hayley's lips curl into a smirk and Dean's fingers lead themselves to the ends of her hair.

"You're missing the long ass hair, Rapunzel." She stands up to get his hands way from her hair, and he laughs in response. Dean's still questioning himself everyday. Maybe if she wasn't a werewolf, he'd had already made a move on her. But she is a werewolf and there is no damn cure for that. Maybe it's time for a small move right now, besides, they won't see each other for a while anyway.

"I second that," Sam chuckles also.

"Whatever. Have fun on your trip to wherever it is you're going, you better be back soon," She says as Dean stands up as well, resting her hand on his chest and planting a swift kiss on his cheek. He places a hand on her waist, and quickly pulls her into a kiss. At first, Hayley's questioning the sudden movement, and puts in no effort to pull away. Once reality kicks in and she witnesses what they're doing, she pulls away immediately, pushing his chest with the hand that's already placed on it.

"Um..." Hayley blushes madly, but can't help but feel guilty about it. She suddenly realizes how much she wanted that to be Klaus instead.

"I'm sorry," Dean cuts in quicker than a cheetah could run, and Hayley licks her lips, pushing her hair back behind her ear once it begins covering her face.

"It's fine, uh, bye, Sam." She nods at the younger brother before making her way out of the living room and up the stairs to Rebekah's room.

"Shit." Dean mutters.

"Nice going. Beer?" Sam shakes his head, holding out a beer which Dean gladly takes before grabbing the duffel bag and heading out the door.

"He kissed me. Oh my god, he just full on kissed me, Rebekah!" Hayley exclaims once she enters the blonde vampire's room.

"Who? Klaus?" Rebekah asks in utter confusion. Hayley makes a face.

"What? No." Hayley shakes her head and presses her palm to her forehead.

"Well, I can assure you that Klaus won't be too happy to hear that then," She scoffs, honestly.

"I won't be too happy to hear what, sister?" Klaus had been strolling by her doorway when heading downstairs, stopping when he was mentioned in a conversation between Hayley and Rebekah.

"Um, Dean and Sam are leaving," Hayley says the first thing that came to her stressed mind. Her words were fast-paced, and Rebekah forces a smile at her older brother. Klaus raises an eyebrow, pondering on why on earth he would be aggravated because of their farewell.

"Sorry to disappoint but no, I'm not upset about that. However, I might as well say a little goodbye, huh?" He shrugs, smiling at Hayley before he scurries into the living room. Hayley slowly turns to face Rebekah who's staring at her with her arms crossed, lips pursed, and eyebrows raised.

"I couldn't tell him that Dean kissed me," Hayley murmurs.

"And why not?" The blonde snickers under her breath. She knows exactly why due to the amused expression she holds, therefore Hayley dodges her question by throwing her a look.

"Okay, don't answer that, then. Answer this, is he a good kisser?" She smirks and Hayley relaxes after a brief second, smiling at her best friend before explaining how it happened and that he is a good kisser. However, not as good as Klaus.

"I hear you and your brother are making a leave," Klaus announces to Sam as he enters the living room, "May I ask why that is?" He asks.

"We have a friend, Jody, and she needs us right now. You see, if we were to pick between you and her, we'd definitely pick her," Sam explains while picking his bag off the floor.

"I can't say that's unpredictable," Klaus nods, "So, is Dean in your Impala already?" He wonders once he realizes Dean's not in sight.

"Yeah," Sam stifles a chuckle, "Sort of raced out after he didn't get the reaction he wanted from Hayley."

"Reaction for what?" Klaus furrows his eyebrows, his thoughts wandering to what Dean could have done to expect something so high from Hayley.

"Oh, you know, he-" Sam stops talking once he realizes that he's talking to Klaus, and how he would grow distasteful towards his brother, but there isn't quite going back now, especially since he doesn't want himself pinned on a wall, being the meal of the hybrid. He continues once he sees Klaus' curious look, "He kissed Hayley."

Klaus's eyes go wide, but he appears to stay calm. Him being relaxed isn't what's going on inside though. He is furious, so furious that he wouldn't think twice before digging into Dean's neck or shredding him to bits and bathing in the blood afterwards. He can't make it obvious that he shows a liking towards Hayley, even though everybody is supposedly aware of it, so he only curls his lips into a small smile.

"Hayley wouldn't be interested in someone that could kill her if he wanted to," Klaus says.

"Sounds a lot like you, so I guess neither you or my brother are getting the girl." Sam shrugs.

"I would never hurt Hayley," Klaus's gaze hardens at what Sam's presuming.

"She told us how you declared the witches should just kill her and the baby, you think she's going to fall for you after that?" Sam asks, being brutally honest.

"What makes you think I want her to fall for me?" Klaus tilts his head.

"Please, you're not fooling anyone, Klaus," Sam shakes his head, "See ya, Hybrid." He nods his head at Klaus before walking out the door, closing it on his way out. Klaus is left stood there, dazed and confused. Is Sam right? Will he ever be able to gain Hayley's respect, or even love, after he gave the witches to murder her once?

I haven't updated this in forever. I really need an update schedule.

Comment, vote, follow.

-A