3.

Elijah convinced Klaus to give the baby a chance, later on accepting Hayley into the plantation.

It's early morning, and Hayley is digging through the kitchen. She hears footsteps and expecting it to be Elijah, she turns to greet him. The small smile on her face drops when she sees Klaus walk in instead. They exchange a thin lipped stare before she averts her attention back into the fridge, pulling out the milk.

"Morning." Klaus decided to say when he doesn't hear anything from her. She ignores him, not exactly fond of him after what happened yesterday.

"Really? You going to give me the silent treatment?" He walks to the counter, standing on the other side from where she's standing, the kitchen's island between them.

"Well you did profess Sophie to kill me, and our child." She points to her stomach and he sighs.

"You can thank Elijah for getting me to change my mind about that." He vamps to her side of the island, closing the refrigerator for her.

"Ah, the good brother." She gives him a fake smile, pouring cereal into a bowl for herself. He undoes the cap of the milk carton for her. "Hayley, if we're going to be living under the same roof for the next nine months and the time ahead while raising the child, we ought to get along." He says, glancing at her to see her looking away. He pours the milk for her. She grabs a spoon while grumbling, "I wonder how much the child will love to hear about her father's declaration for its death before it could even be brought into this cruel, cruel world." She takes the bowl and walks to the dining table, ignoring his huff.

"What would you like me to do to make it up for you?" He says sarcastically and Hayley rolls her eyes.

"An apology would be nice." She starts off, shoving a spoonful of cereal into her mouth.

"Keep dreaming, sweetheart." Klaus grabs his leather jacket and starts shrugging it onto his shoulder as Hayley watches.

"Where are you going?" She asks, dropping her spoon into the bowl.

"Are you sure you're interested? I thought you were too busy hating my guts." Klaus smirks and she purses her lips.

"I'll be hating your guts for the time being, but I don't hold grudges for too long. Where are you going, Klaus?" Hayley arches an eyebrow.

"To meet my friend, Marcel." Klaus answers after a moment.

"You're friends with the bastard who sent his baby vamps to kill me? Do you even want my forgiveness?" Hayley asks in a shock and Klaus chuckles.

"I've known Marcel for a very long time, love, and now he has stolen everything that belongs to me. My family and I built this town and I am going to get it back, having to overrule him first. Don't worry, I'll think of something for the wolves you're scavenging." He quickly adds the last part before Hayley could open her mouth to say something.

"How kind of you," she mumbles before speaking louder, "I still have to find the wolves first."

"And I'll help you with that as soon as it's safe for you to wander. Until then, I strongly urge you not to leave this house with any protection." Klaus says in a threatening tone and she scoffs, knowing he won't harm her for some reason.

"I'm not a child, I can protect myself." Hayley stands up as Klaus starts to walk away.

"Against a bunch of bloodletting vampires who happen to roam the streets? I don't think so." He gives her a fake smile. "Stay here, Hayley, I mean it!" He calls before walking out of the house. Hayley sits back in her chair, saying profanities out loud under her breath.