11.

"What do you mean, Marcel wants to meet Hayley professionally?" Klaus snarls. Hayley was just as surprised, and isn't so sure if she wants to meet Marcel. Her bump has been growing and she definitely doesn't want Marcel to notice it which is the impossible.

"I mean, brother, that he wants to be formally introduced to your so-called-loved one." Elijah clarifies and shakes his head.

"He thinks I'm staying at Palace Royale," Klaus murmurs, looking down at the wooden patio, "What do you suggest I do about that?"

"Tell him you moved. Duh." Hayley cuts in and Klaus sighs, looking at her with extreme eyes. He's trying to convince himself that Marcel only wants to meet her due to the status she holds, and not to harm her. But that's not easy to do as he obviously has something against wolves. He can't say no to Marcel's request, so he's coming over after all.

-

Hayley paces in the room, nervous. She fidgets with her fingers, which is a habit of hers, while taking in her lower lip. When she turns around to pace across the room again, she bumps into a sturdy chest.

She stumbles back. "Dean, I- Yes?" She hesitates and he raises an eyebrow at her.

"What's got you all worked up?" He plops down on the couch and Hayley furrows her eyebrows. Klaus didn't tell him? Should she?

"Marcel is coming here." She says, sitting next to him and clasping her hands in her lap.

"The bastard whom Klaus calls friend is finally going to be introduced in person? Can't wait." He says with sarcasm tinted in every word.

"The bastard whom I call a friend is going to be introduced in person to Hayley. Not you or Sam, Winchester." Klaus parades in the room and pours himself a drink. Hayley rolls her eyes, it's as if he's drinking at every opportunity that he gets as Hayley can't even down a sip of alcohol.

"And why not?" Dean quirks an eyebrow at Klaus. "Because, Dean, Marcel can't know you are one of my allies. He's unaware about the waging war plotting itself at the back of my mind." Klaus smirks slightly and pours Dean a drink as well. He walks over to the two on the couch and hands it to him, which he simply takes. "I suggest you stay upstairs rather than coming down, I don't want you caught up in this."

"I'm already caught up in this. Not much to risk anymore, but how about Sammy and I head out to seek more about the attic in the church. Or I can end up helping him on his new interest about the mass murder-suicide." Dean says instead as Hayley only listens in.

"Ah, that'll work as well. Leave out the back-" Klaus starts but is cut off by Dean.

"Yeah, got it. I know enough about snooping around." He leaves to go fetch Sam, leaving Klaus and Hayley alone again. Why's it always lead to them being the only two around?

"I'm going to go to Rebekah." She mutters, heading out but Klaus grasps onto her wrist so that she comes back.

"He's going to see your bump, as small as it is. What have you thought of to cover that up?" Klaus asks her and she huffs. "There's no covering that up, Klaus. He'll see it, he'll ask about it, what matters is our response." She grits in sudden annoyance. Damn hormones.

"Then what do you have in mind to say about it?" He rearranges his question. "Well, it's not quite believable that Klaus took in a girl who's pregnant with another man's child so..." She trails off, hoping he understands the rest. He furrows his eyebrows, shifting his weight around.

"You want Marcel to know about our child? And that it is, indeed, ours?" Klaus asks with raised eyebrows, "He'll-"

"He'll what, Klaus? Kill it? Highly doubtful, if anything I think he'll be happy for you in some jacked-up way. But I am going to tell the truth instead of adding a weight into your pile of spoken lies." She says quickly and he shakes his head, processing her information. He knows it makes sense, but Marcel would be curious as to why he didn't bring it up earlier. His thoughts are interrupted by the doorbell and they all know who's at the door.