19.

Hayley, nor Klaus, spoke a word to each other for the rest of the night. There were murmurs and gossips about them fighting that night. Of course they both ignored it, stuck by each other sides and faked smiles. When they got home that night, they still didn't speak.

This made Hayley feel sick for some reason. She snapped at Klaus, and although she knows everything she said is true and that she had a right to put him in his place, she felt bad. She felt like she was too harsh. Then again, he's Klaus Mikaelson. Shouldn't he be able to take a few mean words?

"Whatever you said to him really did the trick, huh. He's definitely gonna leave you alone now." Rebekah chuckles, glancing at Hayley while rinsing out her glass in the kitchen sink.

Hayley stays quiet, stabbing her breakfast with her fork.

Rebekah sighs and shakes her head. Hayley, I thought you wanted this. Now you can do however you please. That's a win for us girls, in my book."

Hayley groans and rubs her forehead before dropping her fork and finally looking up at a surprised Rebekah. "He infuriates me. Like really pisses me off. A lot. I hate when he tells me what to do. It makes me want to kick his ass. But I don't know, Bekah, at the same time....I have this feeling there's something going on between us but he shuts me out." Hayley frowns.

"What do you mean something's going on between you?" Rebekah raises her eyebrows at Hayley, crossing her arms over her chest.

Hayley immediately regrets saying it out loud and clears her throat. "The baby. You know. It complicates things," she quickly corrects and takes a bite of her breakfast.

Rebekah hums in response and looks at Hayley wearily, who finishes her food and puts her plate in the sink.

"I'm gonna go take a bath." Hayley says before Rebekah can ask her anything else. On her way to the staircase, she sees Klaus on the front porch through the window, talking on the phone.

She can't help but roll her eyes. He is so damn stubborn.

-

Klaus felt hurt after listening to Hayley snap at him last night. Not that that's something he would ever admit. He didn't know how to respond. Especially since it's his fault she said all those things.

He gets off the phone with Marcel, assuring him that his and Hayley's little squabble is over. Petty couple fights, is what he called it.

After putting his phone in his pocket, he feels a presence behind him.

"Good morning, sister." He mutters.

"You're a dick." She scoffs, sitting on the bench on the porch.

He smirks and turns to face her, leaning against the railing. "And what ever did I do to deserve such disrespect this morning?"

"Hm, I don't know, oh wait, you're giving the mother of your child the silent treatment as if you're a little boy." She exclaims, narrowing her eyes at him. He opens his mouth to respond but she lifts her finger to shush him. "I'm going to ask you something. And you better give me the bloody truth."

He pauses for a moment, pursing his lips as he glances around. Then he nods, waiting for the question.

"Do you have feelings for her?" Rebekah asks slowly, careful not to spark a defensive reaction from him.

Klaus wants to say yes. For once, tell the truth. Tell his sister that he's the one that told Hayley there won't be anything between them ever, that he won't let himself want her. And that he regrets it more than ever.

But he doesn't say that.

Instead he laughs, shaking his head. "You've got quite the imagination, little sister. What's the matter, your love life is currently such a bore that you insist on creating false assumptions about mine?" He grins as if he genuinely finds this humorous.

Rebekah glares at him, but chooses to ignore the blatant insult. "You care for her, you're not fooling me."

"Because she's carrying my child."

"It's more than that."

"I'm afraid not."

"Then why get so angry over Dean kissing her?!" Rebekah stands up.

Klaus' grin drops, and he rolls his eyes, turning away from her. He grips the railing and stares at the lawn. "Oh please, enough of this. I already had this conversation with Elijah so if it's so important to you then go discuss the matter with him. I care for Hayley because of my unborn child, there are no feelings. And I am not giving her a silent treatment, according to your earlier remarks. She wishes I leave her be and that's what I am doing, but now it's a problem? Bloody women." He snarls, gripping the railing tighter and gritting his teeth. He's not upset about the conversation, or at his sister. He's upset because he knows he's lying to himself.

Rebekah laughs in response, then takes a deep breath. "You're lying. Be a man and do something about your feelings. Or else you're proving that behind that big bad hybrid facade, you're just a scared, weak little boy afraid of love." And with that, she leaves to go back inside the house, slamming the door behind her.

Klaus shuts his eyes, refusing to be triggered by such mild words. But the truth is, he is falling for Hayley. And now he's starting to think telling her might be the right thing to do.