15.

The next morning, Hayley walked in on Klaus and Dean getting ready to leave the house. Neither of them tend to notice her standing near the end of the staircase, but Klaus catches a glimpse of her.

"You're awake." Klaus says before shifting his eyes elsewhere.

"In the flesh." She murmurs. "Morning, Dean." She smiles at him and he returns one, causing Klaus to slightly roll his eyes.

"Let's not waste time, Dean." He says before twisting the doorknob and letting the door open.

"Aye, aye, Captain." Dean says with sarcasm.

"Where are you two going?" Hayley asks, crossing her arms and rubbing them once she feels the wind from outdoors hit her exposed skin.

"Getting closer to the case. It's obviously a witch's spell, or compulsion that lead the apparent goody church boy to give in on a mass murder-suicide." Dean shrugs.

"I still don't understand why you are doing a case when you're surrounded by loads of supernatural that could have been responsible for Sean's actions." Klaus dismisses.

"I'm not gonna just shut off my attention span for this kinda stuff, no matter where I am. Alright? Besides, are you telling me to end it?" Dean questions and Hayley leans against the railing as she watches them.

"Of course not. Sean is Camille's twin brother, and she's still heartbroken from whom she lost. When you find out, do tell me so that I can take care of it. Perhaps it'll also take away Cami's sorrow, knowing the truth. Hurts to see her this way." Klaus shrugs and gives Hayley once last glance before heading out the door. Hayley feels her heart sink a smudge bit for his care for Cami.

Dean nods and grabs his gun he placed down on the table back into his waistband. But Hayley's hand latches onto his wrist before he can follow Klaus.

"I want to come with you." Hayley blurts. Dean sighs, shrugging.

"I have no problem with that but Klaus..."

"No, he doesn't either. Besides, I'm bored of being stuck as the damsel in distress just because I'm carrying a miracle child," Hayley scoffs, "I want to help with something."

"How about instead of you coming with us, we head out for lunch later instead? You, me, and Sammy." Dean suggests instead.

"Perfect."

-

Dean kept his word. Hayley now sits at a booth beside Dean with Sam across from them. She watches Sam browse on his laptop as Dean munches on his fries. She occasionally steals some with causes him to glare at her, but he ignores it now seeing as she's not going to stop. Well, he also doesn't want her to claw his eyes out.

"So, Klaus Mikaelson's girl," Sam mocks as he takes a sip of his water.

"Shut up." She murmurs and sees Dean roll his eyes from the corner of hers.

Sam chuckles, trying to eye Hayley's baby bump before looking back at the laptop. Suddenly, his phone rings. He looks down and shows Hayley and Dean the caller I.D.

"Oh, I see. He calls you and not me," Dean murmurs playfully, yet in a serious tone, while raising the straw of his drink to his mouth. Hayley releases a short giggle while eyeing his pout.

"Yeah, hybrid?" Sam answers.

"Why are you calling me that?" Hayley hears Klaus say due to her supernatural hearing, while all Dean is capable of is staring at his brother's features.

"Why, don't like it?"

"Well, I don't quite have a problem with it, seeing as how I have no shame of being a Hybrid." Klaus chirps and Hayley shakes her head in amusement at the sound of it.