5.

Hayley stumbles onto a rack after moving into the next aisle too quickly. She brushes herself off, moving down backwards. She finds it hard listening in on their conversation because of her own trembling tension. She hears Marcel ask why she's in the pregnant section and she tiredly gives him a response with much attitude.

Hayley finds herself grinning at that but it fades away when her back collides with something and two hands are placed on either side of her arms. Her lips release a hushed gasp, her first attempt was to kick the attacker's shin while turning around. As she does this, the person stops her foot with his own leg, spinning her out of his hold. She widens her eyes when she sees someone she really didn't want to bump into. A royally pissed off Klaus.

"What are you doing here?" He says, almost too calmly for her liking. His eyes, on the other hand, show fury.

"Uh, I'm shopping." She shrugs as he backs her further away from where Marcel and Rebekah are talking.

"You risked your life to come shopping?" He growls, stopping once Hayley's back is against the cold wall, "I thought I told you not to step into this part of town." He places both his hands on either side of her face, causing her breath to hitch.

"Wrong," She says strongly causing him to give her a baffled look, "You told me I can't come without protection and I very well am here with your sister who is almost just as strong as you are." Hayley argues and he scoffs, releasing his hands from the wall. Hayley releases a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding. "How'd you know I was here?" She murmurs, unsure whether to ask or not.

"Marcel was getting his suits tailored and whatnot, I decided to join him. It never crossed my mind that I would see Rebekah's eyes soaring throughout the pregnant women's clothes until Marcel pointed it out. She was alone, I thought you sent her which I was grateful for, thinking you made a smart choice by not coming along. Then my big brother calls me saying neither my sister or you are at home, and that's what got me curious," His eyes trail down her body and back up which makes her cross her arms over her chest and shift her weight onto one leg, "Seeing you here in front of me makes me realize the choice you made is not smart at all. You're coming with me." He doesn't give her a chance to speak before walking towards the back of the store.

"What? No, Klaus, stop." She walks after him even though she doesn't want to. He ignores her and continues to walk but Hayley comes to a halt. "I came here with Rebekah." She calls after him.

"And now you're leaving with me," He stops but still doesn't turn around, sighing, "Don't be difficult, Hayley."

"I am going to be 'difficult'," She uses air quotations, "All Marcel knows is that there is a wolf around but he doesn't know what I look like so I am going to go back to Rebekah, also whom I feel safer with." She scowls, turning to walk back to Rebekah. Klaus feels a ping of hurt when she says the last bit but ignores it because he's capable of hiding his emotions. He vamp speeds in front of her, she unexpectedly takes a step back.

"And what if he senses that you are a wolf?" He arches an eyebrow, "He'll tear you apart right in front of me."

"Then you can either swoop in and save me or tear him apart right after. I don't believe you'll just sit there and watch." She gives him a fake smile, patting his shoulder and continuing to walk. He lets out a heaved frustrated sigh before following her.

Hayley returns to see Rebekah and Marcel wandering off into another aisle. She hurriedly walks to them and Klaus looks around to where Hayley went. After spotting her, he rolls his neck and fast-walks to the group.

"Hey," Hayley greets with a smile when she gets to them. Rebekah gives her raised eyebrows and Marcel looks at her confused.

"Hayley," Rebekah greets happily before murmuring into her ear, "What are you doing?" She hisses. Luckily, Marcel wasn't listening.