2.

Hayley stands in confusion for a brief second. She doesn't know who this is, and she's not going to take a chance to guess. "Your brother?" Hayley asks in surprise.

"I apologize for my lack of introduction. I'm Elijah...Mikaelson." He smiles softly at her and she parts her lips in realization.

"Your brother is Niklaus." She confirms and he nods even though it wasn't a question. "Well then, I'm sorry to burst your bubble but we're not friends nor are we acquaintances." She huffs and he licks his lips, glancing in different directions of the alley.

"Why don't you come with me?" He requests, putting his handkerchief into his blazer and holding his hand out to her. She looks firmly at it, raising her head in seconds. "Why would I go anywhere with you?" She challenges and he can't help but smile at her toughness, her braveness to talk to an Original like that.

"I have a feeling you'd like to know what's going on for the better of your behalf, and you're surely safer where I'm taking you," he says in his gentle accent which intrigues her, "So, why don't you come with me?" He repeats, keeping his hand held out.

She stares at him for a moment, thinking what it could be that he wants to show her, or tell her. It wouldn't hurt to find out, and he doesn't look or seem harmful. She takes his hand without much doubt.

-

Elijah had already been told of her pregnancy by Sophie. He knows that neither Klaus or Hayley know. He doesn't know what Hayley is like but he's sure of the fact that she'll take the news easier than Klaus. He had to confirm it for himself, however, so when they fell into silence he listened in on the second heartbeat. He got the confirmation he needed.

"You think bringing me into a cemetery is safer? A freakin' alligator bayou?" She murmurs, kicking the specks of dirt on the ground they walk on. Elijah grins but doesn't respond, Hayley shrugs. He stops unexpectedly and Hayley looks up about to ask why they did stop walking.

She looks at him and her eyes automatically travel to Sophie Deveraux who stands tall in front of them.

"Sophie?" She furrows her eyebrows. Sophie takes a glance at her but her focus in trained on Elijah.

"Did you tell her?" She asks him.

"I think it'd be more appropriate if the witch who sensed it tells her." He looks at Hayley and this only confuses her more.

"Tell me what?" She sounds irritated now, why wouldn't she?"

Sophie takes a deep breath, "I might be wrong but-"

"Oh, you're not. I heard the heartbeat." Elijah interrupts. She looks at him in annoyance, "What if it's not Klaus'?"

"What is or what isn't Klaus's?" Hayley raises her voice and they both share an identical sigh.

"Hayley, you're pregnant." Sophie says in a rush and Hayley's eyes widen, traveling down to her stomach. She places her hand over it, shaking her head and looking at Sophie with raised eyebrows.

"I'm sorry, but you're crazy. Don't you think I would have known if I was pregnant or not?" Hayley's furious.

"Obviously not. Trust me, Hayley, there is a fetus growing in your stomach and it belongs to Klaus." Sophie goes further on and Hayley places a hand on her forehead, shaking her head when Sophie says the last bit.

"No, no, no. I am not having a child with Klaus Mikaelson." Hayley disagrees much to Sophie's distaste.

"Then tell me he's not the last person you shared a night with." Sophie challenges and Hayley shoots her a look. She's right but she doesn't want her to be right. This statement makes Elijah quite uncomfortable but he doesn't appear like he is.