chapter six. bike shake

Dahlia appears on the beach next to Reggie and Alex as she looks at the bike shake. "You'll never guess what I just-" Dahlia says as Reggie faces her sadly. "What's wrong?" She asks moving a piece of hair behind his ear. "They turned my house into a bike shake," he says as she nods. "I'm sorry," she says before hugging him.

"What were you gonna say?" Reggie says as they pull away. "It's not important," Dahlia says as he nods. "Our folks must be gone too," Reggie speaks up after a while. "It's been twenty-five years. Everyone's gone," Alex explains.

"How are you so calm about this? Don't you wanna know what happened?" He asks looking at Luke. "Let's be real for a second. It's not like any of us were that close with our folks. My folks always regretted buying me that guitar. Reggie, your parents were literally a fight away from a divorce. Dahlia, your dad split when you were eight and your mom was never the same. And Alex, your parents were never cool again after you told them you were gay," Luke explains.

"Okay, none of us had it great. But at least we had something. You know, what do we have now?" Alex asks looking at the group.

"And before you say cool teleportation skills, just know I'm not okay with that either. All right? If tingles. In weird places," Alex adds gesturing towards his crotch as Dahlia covers Reggie's eyes. "Not in front of the child," she says with a laugh before removing her hands.

"I'll be you what we have. It's what we've had since the day we came together. Guys, we have us. And we're the only family we're ever gonna need," Luke explains.

"And you know what else we have?" Luke asks looking at the group. "Our award-winning smiles?" Dahlia asks as Luke lets out a laugh. "That and our music! We have our music, guys. People, actual people, can hear us play! They can't see us but they can feel us. If I had my guitar, I'd play for all these people right now," Luke explains.

"I just wish I had my guitar," he says before his guitar appears in his hand. "That was rad. How you do that?" Reggie asks looking at the boy. "I don't know. I just wished for it and it came," Luke says before Reggie holds out his hand. "I wish I had a puppy. A hamster. Pizza?" He asks but nothing happens.

Reggie kicks the sand before sitting down. "Hey, I know what can cheer you up," Dahlia says looking at the blue-eyed boy. "Hit it," she says looking at Luke before he starts playing guitar. "Come on, Reginald," Alex says in a songly tone before the group start singing.

𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒔
hey, I just wanted to say im gonna have like flashbacks to when dahlia met the boys and like her life before she became a ghost and stuff like that...