chapter fourty one. cold

1995

Dahlia sits on Alex's bed as she watches the rainfall. "Are you cold?" Alex asks holding a blanket out to Dahlia. "Yeah," she says taking it from him.

"It's really cool of your parents to let me hang out here so late," Dahlia explains wrapping the blanket around herself. "Parents love you. Luke's mom let you stay at his house the entire week while you guys were dating," Alex explains as Dahlia laughs.

"And my parents love it when you're here," Alex says as Dahlia nods. "I like being here too," she says with a smile. "Wanna watch a movie?" Alex asks as Dahlia nods before he puts on a movie. After, a while she falls asleep as he turns off the movie causing her eyes to wake up. "I'm sorry for falling asleep," she says before yawning and sitting up.

"It's okay. You just looked so peaceful," Alex explains. "I haven't slept in a long time," Dahlia admits. "What's wrong?" Alex asks as Dahlia pushes her hair back. "I've been busy with the band, studying, doing sports and working. I'm just struggling a little," Dahlia explains.

"Oh, Dahlia. My mom told your mom that you were sleeping over here so you can go back to sleep," Alex says as Dahlia rests her head down. "Yeah," she says as her eyes close before she falls back asleep.