chapter seventeen. country hall of fame

Dahlia sits on the piano as she looks at her friends. "We're playing a school dance. Sweet," Reggie says smiling. "It's not exactly the Strip," Luke speaks up. "At least it's something," Dahlia responds.

"Yeah, and you're not exactly so alive so you should be happy we have our first gig," Reggie explains as Dahlia and Julie laugh. "I wasn't in love with the idea at first either, but it could be a great way to build a following, right?" Julie asks looking at the three.

"Yeah, yeah. We can play wherever we want, whenever we can," Reggie explains. "You're right. Let's rock those kids' faces off," Luke says before Dahlia cuts him off. "I don't think their parents will like that," she says as Luke rolls his eyes. "Forget that. After we play school dances we'll be playing clubs," Luke adds.

"And then we record a single that gets a billion streams?" Julie asks smiling. "I don't know what that is but hopefully lands us a manager and a tour," Luke explains. "And then we release a bunch of hit albums," Julie says as Dahlia high fives her.
"Duh," she says with a smile.

"And then put out a country album that does surprisingly well. I shred a banjo," Reggie explains. "Then I'll learn how to fiddle and Dahlia will learn to play the spoons," Julie adds. "And before you know it, we're being inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall Of Fame," Luke speaks up. "And the country hall of fame," Dahlia responds.

"But one of us isn't there," Reggie adds. "My money's on Alex. He's just so sensitive," Dahlia replies. "What are we waiting for? Let's get rehearsing!" Luke exclaims. "Uh, where is Alex?" Julie asks looking at the group.