chapter thirty eight. youre a cutie

Dahlia sits on the couch between Reggie and Alex as she holds her guitar before Reggie plays a jazz riff. "Look, we add the echoes during the chorus, then Julie and Dahlia will come in with the melody, it's gonna sound perfect," Luke explains before they look up to see Willie look at them before he disappears. "That's fan behavior right there," Dahlia says as Alex places his hand over her face. "Shush," he says before poofing out.

♔︎♔︎♔︎♔︎

Dahlia sits on the floor reading the music as Reggie and Luke play guitar and Alex plays the drums. "That's not really playing, doll. You're just making a lot of noise," Dahlia says speaking over the noise.

"Are you alright?" She asks putting her papers down as everyone stops playing. "Yeah, I'm alright," Alex says nodding. "I know it's though, man. People say you never forget your first ghost. Maybe that's true. But I'm sure there will be others," Reggie explains. "Yeah. You're a cutie," Dahlia says getting up. "Thanks, guys," Alex says looking at the two. "And you're a great drummer and guy. I wouldn't let that stuff get in between you and what you love," Luke explains.

"I don't know, man. Sometimes a little fire can make things better on stage. Like Dahlia and Julie," Reggie explains. "Uh, what?" Dahlia asks facing him. "Come on. Everyone can see the way you look at had when you sing. You guys ooze chemistry," Luke says as Dahlia scoffs.

"You should never say ooze again, but, yeah, I agree," Alex says getting up. "I have chemistry with everyone," Dahlia says pushing her hair back. "Just watch," she says before facing Luke. "I believe, I believe. That we're just one dream, away from who we're meant to be," Dahlia says placing her hand on Luke's cheek. "That's we're standing on the edge of, great," she sings. "Wow. I see chemistry," Alex speaks up.

"That was pretty hot. You should really button up your shirt," Luke says as Dahlia chuckles before looking down and buttoning up one button.

"Still so much cleavage. That's nice," Luke says as Dahlia moves away from him. "Really?" Reggie asks looking at Luke. "Yeah, Luke. Respect the head of the itty bitty titty committee," Alex asks as Dahlia faces him. "I'd never been so amused and hurt at the same time," she says before sitting back down as she reads the song.