chapter twenty seven. leave me alone

Dahlia runs into the gym as Reggie says "We're here to rock this dance," before he sees it's empty. "It's over," Dahlia speaks up.

"Look, we are so sorry. The night just really got away from us," Dahlia explains looking at Julie. "And the twins," Reggie adds as Dahlia glares at him. "Just please tell me it had nothing to do with Carrie's dad?" Julie asks looking at the group. "We wouldn't do that," "Us?" "We would never," the guys say at the same time. "It kinda did," Dahlia admits.

"Seriously?" Julie asks sighing. "Okay, look. It was something we needed to do," Alex explains. "But we'll do whatever it takes. We'll play the next school-" Luke says before Julie cuts him off. "What? Another dance where you can bail on me and make me look like a fool?" Julie asks as Dahlia takes her hand.

"Let go of my hand," Julie whispers as Dahlia lets go of her hand. "Save it. You know what really sucks? Our songs were good and all four of you knew what I've been through, and how tough it's been for me to play and then you do this? Bands don't do that to each other. Friends don't do that to each other. This was a mistake. Joining a band with you guys was a mistake," Julie says before walking away as Dahlia follows her.

"Leave me alone," Julie says as Dahlia sighs before walking back to the guys as she feels a sting in her chest as she grunts before looking up to see the boys grunting too. "What the hell?" She asks walking up to them.