chapter two. crying

It was dark, that was all Dahlia knew. She couldn't see anything but all she heard was her friends, Luke, Reggie and Alex. It was like they were in some kind of waiting room to go to hell or heaven or whatever was after this lifetime.

"Alex, please stop crying," Dahlia was running her fingers through the boy's blonde hair but he wouldn't stop, she couldn't blame him. "Where are we?" Luke asks walking around the darkroom, she could hear his voice move around but she couldn't see him.

"We sure aren't in heaven," Dahlia adds, something happened and Dahlia didn't know how to fix it. She fixed everything, that was her thing. She was the fixer of the group. "You're not a Christian. What are you talking about?" Reggie asks as Dahlia shrugs.

"I just don't wanna be here anymore," Alex says as Dahlia nods. "It's gonna be okay," she says as he rests his head on her shoulder crying.

"Everything is gonna be fine," she adds as Reggie sits next to her resting her head on her other shoulder, and Luke sits between her legs resting his head on her stomach. "I swear it." She couldn't do that. She knew she couldn't but she also knew what they needed to hear.

They would spend what felt like forever there but at the same time it felt like minutes, like seconds until Dahlia heard something. She heard her own voice, she was singing and suddenly she was falling and she was screaming.