chapter fourty three. heaven

Dahlia stands on the porch as Julie walks up to her. "Hey," Julie says as Dahlia stands up straight. "Hi," she says Julie stands in front of her.

"I'm sorry for overstepping," Julie explains. "No, it's fine. I just needed to be alone for a sec," Dahlia says pushing her hair behind her ear. "You don't have to say anything," Julie speaks up. "Yeah, I do. I like to believe I led a good life but my dad leaving, never sat right with me. A part of me wanted him to read that song and you gave it to him. Thank you," Dahlia says as Julie holds her hand lightly.

"It's the least I could do after you helped bring music back into my life," Julie explains before the two start leaning in. Their lips are inches apart before Dahlia gets shocked causing her to hit the wall. "What was that? Are you okay?" Julie asks worriedly as Dahlia holds her stomach.

"We did something we shouldn't have. The night that we missed the dance we met this ghost who put a curse on us. And if we don't do what he told us, those jolts will kill us," Dahlia explains. "Then do what he tells you," Julie says as Dahlia rests her head against the wall.

"He want us to join his house band forever but if we play the Orpheum which is our unfinished business, we'll cross over," Dahlia explains. "As in, like, what? Go to heaven?" Julie questions. "Hopefully," Dahlia says standing up straight. "So it's either you cross over, be in his band forever, or be destroyed by those jolts?" Julie asks looking at the British girl. "Yeah," Dahlia says with a sigh. "That's great," Julie says before walking away as Dahlia rests against the wall again.