Chap 8; Pathetic

"Often she wanted to cry"

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

⚠️ harsh physical abuse, abusive words, triggering words and actions. If you are normally sensitive or have trauma concerning abuse, both physically and mentally, please proceed with caution or refrain from reading this chapter. There will be a summery of it in the beginning of the next chapter to help you catch up⚠️

Maryann didn't get enough time to think before a sharp heel dug into her stomach, sending her tumbling to the floor. Immediately her eyes were widened in horror. Pain shot through the bruise as fast as it came, almost forcing Maryann to open her mouth and scream in agony, but she managed to keep it in..

She was laying on her side, cheek pressed against the floor and hands already going to protect her head in fear. Apparently it was a biological reaction to being hit, always wanting to protect the head and thereby the brain. In moments like these, where she couldn't defend herself, Maryann felt thankful for such survival skills. There was no use to fighting back when it wasn't a fight, but a punishment.

And just like that, the next hit came, followed by a third. One kick to her lower back and one right next to her other bruise by her stomach. Their boots were made out of leather and although she had a layer of fabric to protect her, the edge of the boot seemed to almost cut through it. Maryann felt adrenaline slowly beginning to rush through her veins in fear, but her mind screamed at her to stay still and take it without complaint. She broke the rules and there has to be consequences. She was treated too well and must now pay the price of universal balance.

She curled up into a little ball on the floor, teeth clenching against each other inside her mouth to try to lessen the pain. Another kick flew right to her left arm just as the next kick hit her back. The impact from two sides made Maryann cough and close her eyes in pain, trying not to let any sounds slip past her lips. Although she couldn't see, Maryann felt their sharp gazes on her body underneath them. They were terrifying, so controlling and sadistic. Wanting to hurt her, not because of the rules but because of something else.

But Maryann couldn't think, blood rushing through her body while trying to fix all the internal bleeding and outwardly cuts and bruises. They just kept coming and coming, arms, legs and stomach littering with bruises. All she could focus on was keeping her head safe between her arms, not wanting to get a concussion.

It went on for several minutes, each minute feeling like a year had passed. Maryann simply clenched her teeth and held herself as still as possible, not daring to move any of her bruised body parts. She didn't even have time to think about the consequences from this, as each hit became worse than the one before. Her hair became untied from her ceremonial ribbons and her ceremonial dress was definitely ruined by now, as the three seniors didn't even bother to use anything else except their own shoes. Maryann wasn't worth anything other than getting beaten with the dirt under her seniors boots, that was made clear.

Suddenly it stopped, all the kicks coming to an end. Maryann finally took a breath that she was holding in, and realized that she was shaking from trying to keep quiet for so long. Tears were brimming in her eyes and threatening to spill if even one more hit was forced into her skin. Everything felt terrifying, sore and too loud. Even though she was exhausted, Maryann knew that this was far from over. She could still sense their glares above her, their malicious smirks and painful ideas. Maryann never wanted to see them again, never ever, but that was a foolish wish to have.