Chap 18; Worth killing for

"There was always someone there to save her"

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

⚠️ harsh physical abuse, abusive words, triggering words and actions. If you are normally sensitive or have trauma concerning abuse, both physically and mentally, please proceed with caution or refrain from reading this chapter. There will be a summery of it in the beginning of the next chapter to help you catch up⚠️

"Pathetic-"

Eve was slammed to the wall, a cough leaving her lips and tears springing to her eyes at the harsh impact.

"Little-"

She stared at her mentors with her eyes filled with horror, small gasps resonating through the room. The tallest mentor slammed her hand right by Eve's face, causing her to flinch and immediately look away from her eyes. A junior should never look at a senior directly without permission, and Eve was set on following that rule to the very end.

"-Moon"

The mentor watched with a sickening smirk as Eve's eyes began to glow, waiting for her to communicate with Maryann. The mentors clearly found it amusing and satisfying to see her suffer, but on top of that they were beyond angry and out for revenge. Last week Maryann had pushed them away, which was very disrespectful and against the rules. Today they were probably here to punish her for it, but now doubled that thanks to the new information that just got into their hands.

Eve cursed inside her head, desperately listening to Maryann telling her that they should shift. She didn't want to see her main body suffer, but Maryann was their leader and so she chose who went when. Eve felt like she should have been the one to suffer this time, but of course Maryann would never allow that. Bruises on her face and stomach were already blooming because she had ignored Maryann's words for the past minute.

"What are you waiting for moon? Shift!"
One of the other mentors growled in her ear. Eve closed her eyes and let her mentor drop her to the floor, hesitantly taking out the moons and clicking on the orange one.

The mentors watched with satisfied smirks as the moon by their feet began to glow, Eve slowly disappearing inside Maryann's head as she was pushed out. With shaking eyes and an unstable breathing, Maryann looked up at her mentors the moment she regained control. She was scared, beyond scared of what was going to come. Their piercing gazes burned holes in her head, but she kept looking downwards with the highest form of discipline that she could muster.

But it wasn't long before a strong hand slithered around her neck, her breath hitching and tears springing to her eyes. Maryann was foolish to give her mates three weeks. She should have denied them and rejected them the moment they met each other. If only she could apologize and apologize until the mentors would forgive her, but she already knew that it didn't work like that. No matter the apologies, her mentors were out for her pain and suffering, not her regret and pleas.

The purple haired mentor raised Maryann up by her neck, the young Moonwitches fingers clawing at her hands desperately. The mentor lifted her up until she came face to face with her victim, Maryann avoiding her gaze as much as she could. Long nails pressed against her neck, almost hard enough to draw blood. Red and blue marks would stay on her skin for weeks at this point, slowly becoming worse by the second.

"You just love getting yourself into trouble, don't you?"

Finally she was let go, pushed to the ground harshly. Her mentor bent down to her level with a scowl on her face, taking a harsh grip on her jaw and forcing Maryann to lock eyes with her despite not being allowed to. The young moonwitch refused to fall into their traps to hurt her further, and stared at the mentors nose instead. The senior rolled her eyes.