Chap 19; One tear is enough

"Whether that was herself"

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

(In the last chapter Maryann was questioned by her mentors, told them about her mates and then abused harshly until she almost passed out immediately. Her magic sent out an emergency message to her mates, who were filled with rage and then flew back to save her. The chapter ended with the two mates standing by her door, staring down at the scene in front of them with anger)

⚠️ blood, fights, mentions of murder and death ⚠️

Cassy lunged for the senior, with nothing but death on her mind. She wanted to kill her, to hurt her beyond comprehension, to ruin her life. She wanted to kill all of them, with her own bloody hands.

The people who hurt her mate should not be allowed to stay alive. The people who dared to bring pain to their bond, dared to manipulate and hurt the ones closest to her. Nobody had ever survived an attack from Cassy, nobody had ever gotten out alive when she was this angry. Because when vampires loose their cool, they do it with strength. With her eyes glowing and power radiating, the tallest mate among the three pushed the three seniors to the ground with ease, shocking them.

Maryann was laying on the floor, feeling her blood stain her skin and tears blur her vision. Although she felt the presence of her mates quite clearly, the fear and the rough atmosphere didn't seem to disappear. It wasn't until she felt Vivy's eyes staring down at her with worry and love that she felt somewhat safe. While Cassy was busy trying to murder the people who hurt her, Maryann was slowly lifted into Vivy's arms. The protectiveness and comfort made her slowly zone in and out, debating whether or not she should pass out at that moment.

Cassy had no problem fighting the three Moonwitches, as she was one of the strongest supernaturals in the world. She felt nothing but rage, nothing but pain for her own mate. The image of a hurt and bloody Maryann kept flashing before her eyes, which reminded her of herself in her childhood. But it was never that bad, never as bad as Maryann's situation seemed to be. The more she thought about it the worse it got. What if this wasn't just an isolated incident? What if they had hurt her before?

The pained look in Violets eyes and the panicked one in Eve's said it all. This was something that had been happening for a long time, and by the looks of it Maryann was brainwashed to think it's okay. Cassy knew that her mate was several times stronger than her mentors, just by looking at how she fought at the tournament. The only reason why she didn't fight back when being hurt, was because she allowed it to happen.

After all, Violet had said there is something suspicious about her powers, something that seemed off. Maybe those three mentors had something to do with it, or maybe the whole clan did. Whatever they had done to hurt Maryann, they would have to pay for it. Every single bruise and self loathing b*llsh*t that they had fed her, they would have to pay for. Cassy would fight them til' the day she died if she had to, just to see them suffer as they had made Maryann suffer. An eye for an eye, a punch for a punch.

And although the three Moonwitches were extremely powerful and outnumbered Cassy, they were nowhere near winning the fight. They were like little bugs to Cassy, easy to fight and easy to kill. Once she saw Maryann laying in her mates arms, slowly floating from and to unconsciousness, the rage consumed her whole. She slammed one of the mentors to the wall by her neck, staring into her eye with a crazy expression.