Chap 29; The Goddess pack

"The killer sphere"

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

⚠️ blood, death and mentions of abuse⚠️

"You-"

Maryann didn't even flinch.

"Little-"

The older Moonwitch was kicking her between her menacing words. Maryann stood still on her knees, barely blinking at the harsh impact.

"-B*tch"

It was her fault after all. She was the one who forgot to lock the door to the classroom the day before. It was all because of her tiredness, after not sleeping for over 27hours. But is that really an excuse? She had a task to do, master the spell of the one witched war. She managed to do it but...

"This is why I wanted you killed!"

Maryann shook off the ringing in her ears, running towards the forest outside the house. Donovan is already standing suspiciously, his supernatural hearing picking up on the weird sounds. Something is coming, someone is coming. Shifters can sense and hear a lot of things before they happen. When he sees Maryann come running towards him, he knows it's just as serious as he feared.

Maryann sucks in a breath of air, clenching her fists as she stands right in front of him. Donovan looks at her with a worried expression as everyone else around them stare into the forest. Just a few meters away they sense supernaturals, probably fully armed and dangerous. Their hearts speed up and instincts kick in. The alphas watch the betas eyes glow in yellow as theirs grow in red.

"Prepare for battle Don, there are troops invading your territory and they are not here to make friends"

Donovan swears under his breath, turning around to face the people now standing around the wooden village buildings. There are mostly alphas and betas, but the few omegas standing around make him worry. He can't have anyone die at this battle, not when he has just taken charge of the pack.

"I only want the fighters outside! If you cannot fight run inside and lock your doors, keep the children safe!"
He screams to his pack members. A few betas and all omegas start running into their houses, picking up a few of the younger kids on their way. Maryann hears them lock the doors and slam windows shut, adrenaline speeding up its production inside her body.

"Shift to me Maryann, let me fight them. I'll keep the whole pack safe"
Eve yells in her head, preparing herself to be shifted outside. Maryann's eyes begin to shine as she converses with the moons, conflicted about whether or not she should shift.

"Are you sure? Can you handle it?"

"Do it! I haven't been outside in a long while, I'm completely charged!"

Maryann finally caves in, hurriedly opening her moons and choosing the orange one. Her body begins to glow as Eve is forced out and she is forced inside. With her most magical and skilled moon on her side, Maryann is sure that the battle can be handled safely. Those enemies won't have any idea what hit them, whoever they are.