Chap 56; Epilouge

"Here we go again"

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

Maryann feels the sun against her face, the white tiles of the marble terrace cold against her feet. Her face is focused, looking down at the paper that she is writing. Fingers clutching her pen, moving gracefully to form different lines.

A pile of work lays on the terrace table, filled with numbers and texts and other things that she needs to finish. Maryann sits with a straight back like always, does her work like she always does. Her purple hair is fastened in a ceremonial hairdo, but now there are more golden and gemstone decorations in the ribbons of silk. Her dress is the same, but even more crystals hang from her belt. Her collar is sparkling with tiny diamonds, her sleeves too. Maryann wears what is appropriate for her title.

Four guards stand by her side. Two in front of the upper terrace and two behind her. Several more guards stand all around the palace, where she now resides. They keep silent, wearing their uniforms of purple, red and black, hold on to their black crystal swords. Maryann glances at them from time to time, makes sure that they are behaving and doing their duty well. Everything has to be perfect at this palace.

The terrace is wide, stretched out over a lot of land. It's in between two marble wings of the palace. It holds four areas with curtains that flow with the wind and couches or tables with chairs inside. It has an upper terrace and a lower terrace, the lower one is connected to the wide gardens below. The gardens hold flowers, trees, bushes, fountains and many silent gardeners that tend to it dutifully. Sometimes Maryann looks up from her work to gaze at the clearblue sky, the forest far, far in the background and the huge garden grounds with extra palace buildings. It gives her the strength to continue, even if it sometimes can get a little boring.

Silent taps to the marble terrace are suddenly heard from far away. A higher servant, who wears a Moonwitch gown, which means that she is one of the few Moonwitches living at the palace, approaches Maryann. Her head is lowered, her hands are kept neatly in front of her body as she bows down.

"Leader"

Maryann nods as permission, allowing the higher servant to speak. There are lower, higher and highest servants at the palace of the three mates. The lower ones do the cleaning and cooking, gardening and washing and tending to their needs. The higher servants are guards, nurses, doctors and other important people. This woman is a Moonwitch, one of the five who cares for Maarya. She has very high status at the palace, but not over those who have the highest servant rank, or the leaders themselves.

"Lady Maarya has woken up, the guests will be arriving soon"

Maryann looks up from her notes and nods, picking them up and stacking them neatly into a box. She claps her hands quickly and a young servant comes running her way, taking the box into her arms and running into the palace to put it away. The servants eyes are lowered the entire time, maybe a little scared of the widely known, notorious Moonwitch. Maryann stands up and dusts off her dress, looking towards the guards.

"Follow me"

Five silent servants and the four guards walk after Maryann in perfect order. The Moonwitch herself keeps her head high as she rushes through the marble terrace and towards the main back door. She orders the glass doors to open, and two servants push them forwards. The beautiful and huge palace opens up to them, and Maryann takes no time to observe the expensive rug made from the best fabrics, or the famous paintings and thick curtains draping over the marble halls. She steps inside and rushes through the first floor of corridors, the servants and guards following.