Chap 20; I trust you

"Or the two by her side"

THANK YOU FOR GETTING ME TO 1#POLYAMORY WTF IS GOING ON HELP. ITS NOT TUESDAY YET BUT SINCE YOU HAVE BEEN SO NICE TO ME AND READ IT I JUST HAVE TO GIVE YOU A CHAPTER TODAY (AND TOMORROW OF COURSE) IM IN CLASS RIGHT NOW (ZOOM) AND QUIETLY FREAKING OUT SO SEE THIS CHAPTER AS A THANK YOU PRESENT OML

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

"Do you ever feel like the past was just yesterday?"

"You know what happened to the last one with powers like her!"

The young Maryann was sitting on a marble bench, swinging her feet back and fourth even though such things were not allowed. It was a beautiful day, the Moonwitch squinting to see despite the blinding sun.

Birds sang and flies buzzed by, hopping from one colorful flower to the next. The cold marble floor of the open outdoor hallway felt comforting against the extreme heat. It was summer, which meant the days were long and the times were merry. The fountains spew out crystal clear water, older Moonwitches sitting on the grass and reading books that Maryann found hard to understand. She was only seven after all.

The times that would soon lay forgotten in her memory, the completely average and calm days. The white dress that she was wearing reached to her ankles, the sandals on her feet being a gift from her mother. It had been a year since she had last seen Marigold, her almighty and powerful mother. Slowly she had begun to forget her, the days busy with studying and the temple big and wide. The corridors were many and the rules were strict. There simply was no time to remember the things that came before all this.

Older Moonwitches passed by her, chattering with low voices and admiring the ethereal garden. Their dresses ranged from purple to white, ribbons of silk and see though fabric decorated their arms. They matched the hazy day outside, the temple of the purple Moonwitches capturing the light and the heat perfectly. It was never too hot or too cold, always perfect.

The whole temple smelled strongly of different plants and vegetation, and so everything was very pleasant. The flowers ranged from pink to blue, decorating the fresh green grass and clear blue Sky. Maryann payed her seniors no attention, continuing to stare down at her legs that were moving back and forth. The open outdoor hallway had one wall towards the garden and one towards the temple building, the soft wind blowing through and around the marble poles. Maryann was sitting on a white bench, her back against the cold marble wall.

Sometimes she would trace the cracks of the marble with her fingers, or watch the rain slowly slide down the smooth surface. Since friends were not allowed, Maryann simply learned how to enjoy the free natured temple and amuse herself with quiet games. Her favorite was listening in to her mentors talk about her, even though it was strictly forbidden. She had learned from a young age that she had a better hearing than other Moonwitches. Actually a better a lot of things. But Maryann never thought about it too much.

Now she was waiting outside her mentors office, as she was discussing something with the clan leader. Maryann never understood adult talk, they spoke so seriously and meanly. But even though she didn't understand much of their conversation, her good hearing still picked up on the different words.

"And how long do you want the restriction spell to be active? Have you thought this through properly?"

Maryann placed her small fingers on the pure marble, letting a spider crawl on her palm. She found bugs to be very cute, although flies were a little annoying at night. The little spider climbed up to her thumb, before jumping off. Maryann suppressed a giggle, because she knew nothing good would come of it. The little spider crawled away as the adults continued to ruin the calm day with their loud and strict voices of discipline.