Chap 46; Goddess day

"Blood soaks your wounds and clears the skies of its dirt"

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

⚠️ Blood ⚠️

A month has passed since the first war drill. The sun shines down heavily, making it almost too hot to move. The flowers have erupted into different vivid colors, and the seas and lakes are clear blue. The sky is clear with not a single cloud, and the moon is bigger today than on any other day. It opens up to the shifter world, shining in its usual pale white light. The trees move slower with the wind than usual. The bugs don't fly around, nobody speaks.

Today is the day of the moongoddess. The connection between the Goddess and her people is stronger than on any other day. Twenty thousand supernaturals are gathered on the big training field, staring up at the sky. Two thousand of them are witches, one hundred of them are Moonwitches from three different clans and the rebellion. The nature Moonwitch clan, the swan Moonwitch clan and the winter Moonwitch clan. Other than Maryann, there is no sign of the purple Moonwitch clan. They have decided to stay as the enemy, the juniors are nowhere to be seen.

Maryann stares up at the sky with a serious expression. Everyone stands in silence, the Moonwitches on a freshly built white wooden platform. Instead of their usual purple tinted dresses, they now wear pure white ones. The gown covers their arms, legs, neck and hair. Other than their faces, nothing can be seen. As the leader of the witches and the Moonwitches of the new rebellion, Maryann is wearing the only speck of color among them. A big purple crystal hangs over her forehead, and shines in the light.

The Moonwitches stand in front of everyone, then come the shifters and the witches. They are also dressed in white, but the shifters don't have common clothing. After them are the vampires and demons, who are here only for respect. The moongoddess isn't their Goddess, but she still gives them their mates. A traditional ceremony is always performed on the Goddesses day, all around the existing universe. It strengthens her powers and allows her to continue giving the people gifts and magic. It keeps the magic and the balance in the world.

When the clock ticks 15:00, they've been standing for a full hour in silence. The sun shines down at them, and the sky is finally completely cleared. The moon grows in size, and takes up a big part of the shifter sky. At that moment, the ringing sound of a gong is heard. Maryann raises her hands to her sides calmly, while the rest slowly bow down. First it's the Moonwitches behind her. They get on their knees and place their arms in front of their heads, laying down completely. After that the shifters and the witches do the same, while the vampires and the demons only get on their knees.

Cassy looks with serious but loving eyes at her mate, standing in front of everyone. Her hands are raised to the sky, and she takes her time to create a stable connection to the Goddess. Today is a special Goddess day. The war hasn't begun yet, but small fights break out everywhere around the world. The top clans are getting ready for battle, so the rebellion must too. They already have twenty thousand soldiers, ready to fight for their cause. Now all they need is the acceptance and blessing of the moon Goddess. She will give it to them, Cassy is sure of that.

Maryann opens her mouth to speak with the Goddess when the connection is finally complete. Some of the supernaturals begin to shake as they realize that the Goddess is currently watching and listening to them. Even though Maryann is speaking with the Goddess only, everyone can hear her clearly. During this day, the Moonwitches are extra holy. They are the beings that are the closest to the Goddess, the creatures that were created in her image.