Chapter 50; Betrayal

"The death of a tyrant"

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

⚠️ brutal murder, poison, death, war, blood, exhaustion etc. ⚠️

Maryann sighs out a shaky breath. A cold bottle of clear red poison feels heavy laying in her dress pocket. The whole army is standing here, right in front of the purple clans temple. Maryann recognizes every stone of the white wall that surrounds the buildings, every single scratch. The amount of times she has seen it is unbelievable. The amount of times she has stared at that wall, stared at it, hoping that maybe then it would disappear. But it never did. And to this day it stands tall and threatening in front of them.

The other Moonwitch clans saw them come on the way. None of them dared to stand in their way, although some might have planned it. They either locked themselves inside their temples or peeked from around the corners, watching the huge crowd of people move towards the greatest temple of the dimension. Weapons in their hands, formations and different colored ropes around their arms. Witches, Moonwitches, vampires, demons of all kinds and shifters. Maryann felt proud at that moment, it washed away her worries.

But now, there is nothing but worry left in her body. Worry and maybe a little bit of determination. Today is the day they kill the purple clan, kill the leader. Maryann can't wait. But she knows that it will be hard, fighting against dozens of Moonwitches, possibly hundreds at the same time. The Moonwitches of the rebellion are up for a great challenge, possibly a challenge that is too much for them to handle. Maryann can take on one, ten and maybe even thirty of them. But she can't handle hundreds, maybe she can't even handle twenty. The rest of the army need to be strong enough. They just have to be. Otherwise they will all die before ever reaching the top clans.

Cassy grabs her sword tightly, holding it until her knuckles have turned white. She looks at the gate, knowing what is waiting for them inside. Her heart is beating, fingers itching for blood and violence. Ears ringing, hoping to soon hear the fierce cries of battle and the yells and pleads in pain from her enemies. Her eyes are red, both from the excitement of battle and from the blood that she just drank. She stands next to her demon mate with the other demon and vampire soldiers, ready to lead them. Vivy doesn't think about anything. She knows her power, knows how much she can take. After all, she got all the power she needed in the morning...

It's already early afternoon, but they need to hurry the battle before sunset. The moon strengthens the Moonwitches powers, allows them to teleport or use magic even with broken and used abilities. Just like how Maryann teleported to the shifter dimension even after being beaten and restricted and starved for days. They can't let that happen. So with one last breath, Ari decides that it's time to attack. He raises his sword high up in the air, everyone holding their breaths and waiting for the shadowdemon to speak.

"We fight for justice, with the moongoddess on our side!"

Maryann listens to the screams of agreement from the soldiers behind her. She stays quiet along with the rest of the Moonwitches. For them, speaking normally is slightly disrespectful and goes against their traditions, norms, rules and history. But speaking during battle is even worse. All powers need to be saved for magic. Every last bit of their power has to be drained before their enemy even gets a chance to kill them. The more magic there is, the longer they may survive.