Chap 52; Killer

"Should have kept my past a secret, right?"

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

⚠️ murder, killing, exhaustion, blood etc ⚠️

"Kill him. Kill him, do it. Kill him now"

Vivy looks at the shifter below her feet with an uncertain expression. A bloody knife is in her hands, the red liquid dropping down to the cold ground. Her breathing is uneven and warm against the cold night air. The dark sky with the bloody, red moon shines in the background. Vivy has never known another world, only seen this, only seen the darkness and the blood. It's what's righteous, right?

She bends down, hesitates, looks into her victims hazy eyes. Her mentor stands next to her, a mask on her face and her arms crossed. Vivy licks her lips nervously, holds up the knife in her hands.

"Just kill him, hesitation won't give you a good grade Vivy"

So the demon weighs her options, decides that her grades are more important, and brings the knife down skillfully. The victim barely registers the sharp weapon sink through his skin, but blood sippers out of his mouth. Vivy holds the knife there until he stops moving completely, dies in her grip. It's her first kill, she feels bad. Her mentor says that it's natural to feel bad the first few times, but you have to get used to it. Supernaturals are constantly at war, constantly out to kill each other. It's either kill or be killed, even for a member of the top clan.

"Good, you performed flawlessly, you had them all falling at your feet. I'll give you the highest grade for this course"

The course was of course, "killing 02". Once the students turn fourteen they get to take that class, and at age fifteen they go through courses 2, 3 and 4. At course number two their final exam is to kill an already tortured person. Their third course is to kill a healthy person, while their fourth course is to torture and kill someone. Each class goes through different effective, quick or painful ways to kill, and it's all to prepare them for war. Vivy has never given it a second thought, even to this day. Killing is a natural part of her life, but back then it was new and a little scary.

Vivy runs out of the torture chamber to catch up with her mentor, drying of her bloody hands and throwing the knife in a box of used knives. The smell of blood is strong, and Vivy can't wait to get out of the palace basement. As they walk from cold stone dungeons to the beautiful gold and marble hallways of the Earth palace, Vivy's mentor has a word with the fifteen year old.

"Vivy, you're one of our finest students, our best pleasure demon, that's for sure. But you show hesitance, and I know you worry about that. You shouldn't worry, even I showed hesitance at first when I was your age. People come and go, their lives can go from relevant to irrelevant in a matter of seconds. You see someone's face, then you never remember them again. Don't think about people too much, focus on what's best for you and for the clan, at best focus on what's best for the demon dimension. That's how you get far in life, often with little mental effort"

Vivy nods, one of those naive nods that young students have. She drags her feet through the dimly lit palace, bids her mentor goodbye for the night. Then she is all alone, bored out of her mind, not really tired yet. When her eyes meet a group of awake and good looking demon students, around her age, she smirks.

"Lookin good cuties! Mind if I join you for the night?"

"We send one thousand soldiers here, through the gardens, and seven thousand to infiltrate the palace. That of course will take place after the first frontline, where we will hopefully only need to push plan A"