Chapter 7: The Reunion

REUNION OF THE FRIENDS- John Williams

HARRY POV:

I spent most of my summer at the Dursley's under the order of Dumbledore, to keep up my blood protection, but as always, I was leaving 3 weeks before term started to Grimmauld place where the Order would be, and where I could happily, spend my last days before a stressful year. I was watching Hedwig make her way back through my bedroom window, ready to cow inside when I saw a street light go out a few houses down. I saw a tall figure, holding up a small rectangle-shaped skinny box. It was much too short to be a wand. Could it?

The lights kept going down until the figure was about to reach Privet Drive number 4. Hedwig was safely secured in her cage and I held my wand ready while carefully looking out of the window. I saw the rectangle-shaped box leave the man's hand towards where his pocket should be, and return with a thing that I could notice from a mile away. It was long, thin, and with small oval shapes along the side. I now immediately left my room and rushed down to the front door to confront whoever this was.

"Boy!" Shouted Uncle Vernon from the living room.

"Is that bloody bird done?" He screamed.

"Almost!" I exclaimed.

"I'm going outside to get her." I lied while putting my shoes on.

Uncle Vernon scoffed and I carefully made my way outside. I held my wand out and I knew I wanted to locate the wizard as quickly as possible so that no one would hear if I got frightened at his or her appearance. It was dark, and I wasn't sure if I should cast light towards the figure, but when I heard it scuffle walking toward me I immediately said

"Lumos."

And sent the light towards the man. I waited a second until I could see the figure, and soon it spoke.

"Oh, Harry." Said the voice.

"Certainly my appearance didn't startle you?" Dumbledore said as I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Professor!" I said shocked.

"You gave me a fright," I said calmly.

"My apologies Harry, but this was an urgent matter, and I, unfortunately, didn't take it upon myself to wait for you to receive a letter from me." He ended.

"Of course Sir," I responded.

"Now Harry if you could grab onto my arm." He said holding it towards me.

I didn't hesitate and immediately grabbed onto Dumbledore's arm, sending me once again, into suffocation for what seemed like the longest time, until we finally came out into a dark neighborhood. I saw one street lamp in the middle of multiple houses and as I started to observe my surroundings, Dumbledore started walking towards the right and said

"Come Harry." I followed him swiftly trying to find out where we were and what we were doing.

After we had acquired Professor Slughorn's position back at Hogwarts, we exited the house, Dumbledore now in a better mood.

"Your godfather will be pleased to see you." He said holding out his arm.

"But what about Hedwig, and my trunk?" I asked.

"They are of course waiting for you, as are your friends." He said not changing his facial expression whatsoever.

I grabbed onto his arm excitedly and we soon arrived outside of Grimmauld Place 12. Dumbledore tapped on the walls between 11 and 13, and we were soon greeted by a busy Mrs. Weasley.