Chapter 27: The Burrow

SIRIUS FIRE- Patrick Doyle

HARRY POV:

Mrs. Weasley barely let us say two words last night as she pointed us directly towards the garden where there was a mini-feast waiting for us. Remus disapparated shortly after Tonks because Mr. Weasley was going to put up the protective spells once again, which prevented anyone from disapparating. Sirius and Mrs. Weasley both tried to convince him to stay a bit longer, but Sirius didn't seem as sincere. Anyways, Mrs. Weasley practically forced me and Sirius to stay at the Burrow over the holidays, but neither of us minded.

On the other hand, I didn't get a single conversation in with Sirius, but that was also halfway my fault because I fell asleep almost as soon as we finished dinner, and so did Ron. The long boring trip took it out of you. Hermione was going home for the holidays because of multiple reasons, and we didn't see her on the train either, but I just stayed out of it. I wanted to tell Sirius about Snape and Malfoy, but I didn't want to alarm anyone else or be overdramatic.

"Harry?" Ron asked curiously.

"Huh?" I stuttered, lifting my head off of my pillow.

"Bloody hell- You've been awake this whole time?" He exclaimed quietly.

"I think," I smirked.

"What time is it?" Ron asked, getting up and looking around.

"No idea," I replied.

Ron shook his head sarcastically and got up with a groan.

"I'm going to find out." He stated as he looked around.

He pulled on a larger sweatshirt and carefully opened the door. I wanted to follow him, but I was too lost in my thoughts, so I just watched him shut the door quietly. I then realized I should probably get up and dressed as well. I should talk to Sirius today too, but we didn't even get a chance to bid anyone goodnight last night. I quickly thrust the covers off of me and started to dig through my trunk. I was soon dressed, and just as I was closing my trunk, I heard the door open.

"Don't go down there!" Ron groaned.

"Mum saw me awake and now she wants me to help her with Merlin knows what." He grumbled as he thrust his trunk open.

I shrugged and made my way to the bathroom to wake up. Ron gave me a look and threw a pair of pants on his bed. After I had finished in the restroom, I found Ron walking down the stairs towards the kitchen. We gave each other a helpless look and knew we had to wake up soon, so I followed him down the stairs.

"Ah yes, Ron if you could- Oh, Harry's awake too? Well, you both did fall asleep early." Mrs. Weasley started, bustling around the kitchen.

"Did you both sleep well?" She asked as she opened a cupboard and sent a bowl flying out of it with her wand.

"Yes," Ron and I replied.

"Well since both of you are up, you can help with breakfast!" She exclaimed as two bowls came flying towards us and set themselves on the countertop in front of us.

"Get the sprouts, Ronald, they won't peel themselves," Shes started, heading outside towards where we ate yesterday night.

"Won't peel themselves-" Ron grumbled as he started towards a cupboard.

"Just a few more months and I'll be able to do all of this with magic," Ron started, coming back with the mountain of sprouts.

"Let's change the subject." He grumbled angrily as he handed me a knife.

"So- Snape, was offering to help Malfoy?" Ron started.

"Yes," I replied.

"He was definitely offering to help him?" He asked again.