Chapter 35: Ron's Birthday

SECRETS OF THE CASTLE- Nicholas Hooper

HARRY POV:

After another boring apparition lesson, the Hogsmeade trip for today was canceled, which came much to me and Ron's dismay. After all, it was his seventeenth birthday. 

"It was on my birthday!" Ron grumbled after we read the announcement.

Ron was showered with presents and chocolates from Lavender Brown today, which was much to Hermione's- well, she ran off as soon as Lav-Lav showed up all over "Won-won." I heard he was pretty annoyed, but if he started calling her "Lav-Lav," I would have to put my foot down. He reckoned he was annoyed but the recent snogging didn't help his case. Honestly, I had no idea what was happening there.

I had no idea whe-

There he was. 

As soon as I opened the door to our dormitory I saw Ron laying on his bed with a goofy grin, which faded as soon as he saw me. A tiny red heart-shaped box was sitting on the windowsill, and there were chocolate wrappers on the bed and on the floor around it, which made me suspicious but Ron's behavior weirded me out even more.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" He said, moving towards the windowsill.

"Divine," I said in confusion.

"Had ourselves a bit of a late-night snack, have we?" I asked, trying to get his attention as he kept staring out of the window.

"It was on your bed. The box. Thought I'd try one," Ron trailed off, turning his attention to me and then back out the window.

"Or twenty," I smirked, starting to collect the candy foils from all over the floor.

I can't stop thinking about her,Harry," He suddenly said, making me freexe in my spot.

"Really? Honestly, I reckoned she was starting to annoy you," I said, getting up slowly.

"She could never annoy me. I think- I think I love her," Ron swooned, making my eyes widen.

"Excuse me?" I asked, bewildered.

Ron simply nodded and stared out of the window again.

"Well- Brilliant," I said, even though I was so very confused.

"Do you think she knows I exist?" Ron blurted again.

"Bloody well hope so! She's beensnogging you for the past week," I said, pulling back the covers of my bed.

"Snogging? Who're you talkingabout?" Run suddenly asked, turning back to me.

"Who're you talking about?" I asked, also turning around curiously.

"Romilda, of course. Romilda Vane," He swooned.

Haha. Not what I was expecting.

"Okay. Very funny!" I grinned, turning around, but barely making it when the tiny heart-shaped box bounced off of the back of my head.

"What the hell was that for?!" I yelled as I turned back to face Ron, rubbing the spot where the box hit my head.

"It's no joke! I'm in love with her!" He exclaimed.

"Okay! Fine! You're in love with her! Have you ever actually met her?" I asked, trying to put some sense into him.

"No," Ron said, a bit disappointingly.

"Can you introduce me?" He smiled hopefully with excitement at me.

I instantly stop rubbing my head, eye Ron oddly, then glance at the candy box at my feet.