Chapter 36: The Aftermath

THE ROOM OF REQUIREMENT- Nicholas Hooper

HARRY POV:

"Quick thinking on your part, Harry. Using a Bezoar. You must be very proud of your student, eh, Horace?" Dumbledore said as we were all waiting around Ron's hospital wing bed.

"Hm? Oh. Yes... very proud," Slughorn trailed off, seemingly lost in thought.

"I think we all agree that Mr. Potter's actions were heroic. The question is: Why were they necessary?" McGonagall asked, more bewildered than anyone in the room at this point.

"Why indeed," Dumbledore muttered quietly.

He then sighed and started to examine the half-empty bottle of mead, still bearing a bit of gift wrap. 

"This appears to be a gift, Horace. You don't by chance remember who gave you this bottle, do you- which by the way possesses remarkably subtle hints of licorice and cherry when not polluted with poison," Dumbledore said, tilting the bottle up towards his nose.

"Actually, I had intended to give it as a gift myself," Slughorn started nervously.

"To whom might I ask?" Dumbledore asked calmly as though awaiting a certain response.

"You, Headmaster," Slughorn said queasily, looking down.

Just then the door burst open, revealing just who everyone needed right now: Lavender Brown. 

"Where is he? Where's my Won-Won?! Has he been asking for me?" She yelled as she ran up to us, stopping immediately once she saw Hermione sitting down on a chair by Ron's head. 

They glared at each other for a few seconds with everyone watching until "Lav-Lav" spoke. 

"What's she doing here?" Lavender spat, towering over Ron's bed to face Hermione.

"I might ask you the same," Hermione responded smartly, also standing now.

"I happen to be his girlfriend!" Lavender snapped, making all of our eyes widen, not knowing if she was telling the truth or not

"Well, I happen to be his... friend," Hermione trailed off, glancing downwards

"Don't make me laugh! You haven't spoken in weeks. I suppose you want to make up with him now that he's suddenly all interesting," Lavender exclaimed.

"He's been poisoned, you daft dimbo!" Hermione yelled.

You go, Hermione!

"And for the record, I've always found him interesting," Hermione frowned, a bit embarrassed. 

Ron suddenly snorted, stirring in his bed.

"Ha! See? He senses my presence. I'm here, Won-Won. I'm here," Lavender said, grabbing one of Ron's hands harshly.

"Er... My... Nee... Er! My! Nee!" Ron mumbled blindly reaching ut his hands towards Hermione's side.  

Lavender, vibrating with rage, stormed out instantly. 

"Ah, to be young and feel love's keen sting," Dumbledore beamed.

"Come, everyone, I think Mr. Weasley is well-tended," Dumbledore said, rushing out with McGonagall and Slughorn trailing after him.

"Bout time, don't you think?" Ginny whispered quietly towards me with a smirk as the doors to the Hospital Wing opened once again, revealing the Weasley twins.

"So all in all, not one of Ron's better birthdays?" Fred said as he and George entered the Hospital Wing and Ginny and I sat down on opposite ends of Ron's bed.