Chapter 25: Take the Risk!

STUPID- Tate McRae

SIRIUS POV:

"Remus don't you see that no one cares! She doesn't care! I don't care! JAMES DIDN'T CARE! LILY DIDN'T CARE! WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?" I yelled at Remus.

"I'M NOT GOOD FOR HER SIRIUS!" He yelled back at me.

"You of all people should know that!" He yelled.

"WELL, I DON'T!" I shouted.

"I KNOW WHO YOU ARE REMUS!" I yelled.

"WHATEVER BLOODY CONDITION YOU HAVE DOESN'T MATTER!" I shouted at him.

"It's too risky," Remus said, turning his head away from me.

"What's life without a bit of risk?!" I exclaimed happily.

"You shouldn't be encouraging something like this!" He shouted.

"SHE'S YOUR COUSIN YOU KNOW!" He yelled back at me.

"AND I JUST WANT THE BOTH OF YOU TO BE HAPPY!" I shouted.

"You're standing in the way of that!" I yelled.

"She told you!" I shouted.

"SHE TOLD YOU EVERYTHING!" I repeated, shouting now.

"Why can't you accept it?!" I yelled.

"SHE'LL BE IN MORE DANGER BECAUSE OF ME!" He shouted.

"THERE'S A WAR SIRIUS!" He yelled.

"WHAT ABOUT JAMES AND LILY?!" I screamed as Remus froze at the sound of them.

"They married amid a war," I said, lowering my voice.

I saw Remus's face go cold and I knew I had lost him now.

"And they died." He said coldly, his words feeling like a punch in the stomach.

"They died in love, and FOR LOVE!" I exclaimed.

"They didn't die with regrets!" I exclaimed, trying to convince him.

"I can't, Sirius." He said sadly.

"You've been given another chance! Take it!" I exclaimed.

He stared at me sadly for a minute before he took a deep breath. I knew he loved her, and she loved him. He's scared for her, and Remus was never the one to take the risks. I thought he wasn't going to say anything else until he straightened up and looked me right next to my eyes.

"As much as I'd love to, the danger it would put her in is too much," Remus breathed sadly.

I waited a minute before I got his full attention.

"Look me in the eyes right now and tell me you don't love her," I said a bit too smugly.

He moved his eyes towards mine as if to try and tell me, but I knew he couldn't. I waited a few more seconds and he soon spoke again with a sad and cold voice that was very serious.

"I'm going underground again after the holidays." He stated.

My eyes widened and I was about to say something when he stopped me.

"You can't stop me, and Dumbledore needs a spy for the werewolves." He stated.

"FINE," I said coldly.

"Maybe spending some time away from her and everyone, you'll gain some perspective." I spat.

"Maybe then, you'll realize that none of it matters anymore." I continued.

"Maybe- JUST MAYBE- only then, you'll realize, just how much you love her," I said softly, touching his emotions, and knowing this made him feel guilty.

He didn't say anything or move a step for a minute, processing what I just said. He looked angry and sad at the same time. Suddenly, he opened his mouth to say something but made a face and changed up his words.

"I have to go get Harry," He stated as he pulled out his wand.

"Unfortunately, I can't make it because I would draw attention, so you're filling in, and Moody didn't make it because he would be suspicious being a famous dark wizard catcher and all," I stated.

"I presume you know who's taking his place?" I asked coldly.

Remus stared emotionless at me. He didn't say anything, simply looked at his wand, and with a

Pop!

He was gone.

"Bloody idiot," I muttered to nobody.

James would lose it if he knew that Remus was still thinking like this. All he did was transform 12 nights per year. He wasn't dangerous. The wolfsbane potion worked. He was harmless! It broke me when he thought of himself as a danger and as a monster. I could barely cheer myself up, now I had to cheer him up too! James was my cheer. James and Lily were the okay ones. The rest of us were mentally lunatics. Not as if James wasn't a lunatic, but he accepted all of us, especially me. The abused teen, the werewolf, and Peter. If Voldemort didn't get to him already, I would be then next

I looked up at the new clock I had found while cleaning out a few parts of the house and saw that the time was almost 5 pm. I took a deep breath and immediately disapparated. I felt the very familiar suffocating feeling for a second before I opened my eyes and saw Fred and George sitting at the table.

"MERLIN!" Fred yelled.

"SIRIUS!" George yelled coming to hug me.

"I thought you knew I was coming!" I exclaimed.

"Us? We only just arrived here ourselves. Mum said the protection spells were being taken off for-

Suddenly, there was a loud

pop!

George yelped and Fed cursed in surprise as Ron and Arthur appeared.

"Bloody hell you two. Didn't you know we were coming?" Ron asked the twins as he hugged them and I went to greet Arthur.

"We only just got here!" Fred exclaimed.

"Well don't you know what day it is?" Ron exclaimed.

"Bold of you to assume we keep track of days, brother." George grinned.

"Especially Hogwarts ones," Fred finished as Ron rolled his eyes and came to greet me.

Pop!

Tonks then appeared with Ginny as they both greeted everyone, but Tonks said she had something to do and insisted on leaving. Mrs. Weasley arrived just a second after Tonks and I knew who was the next pair. I knew Tonks was still depressed about the whole Remus situation, and I made sure to keep her encouraged.

"He'll come around," I whispered into her ear as I hugged her.

At these words, she tightened her grip around me, but immediately let go once I heard a pop behind me. She stared behind me as I turned to see who it was, and within that second, she disapparated. She didn't want to see Remus as he had just arrived with Harry. Remus avoided my eyes and stepped back.

"Sirius," Harry breathed, taking off towards me as I caught him in my embrace.

"Harry!" I exclaimed brightly.