Chapter 17: Quidditch Tryouts

RENEGADES- X Ambassadors

HARRY POV:

"Okay, so this morning, I'm gonna be putting you all for a few drills just to assess you straight," I said, staring at the talkative crowd. 

There were still a few first years left, but most of them had left as we shooed them off. Everyone else didn't hear me. Ron was the only one watching me and listening.

"Quiet, please!" I exclaimed weakly, my yell not affecting anyone.

"SHUT IT!" Ginny yelled from next to me.

Everyone immediately turned their attention to us, stopping their chatter.

"Thanks," I told her.

"Alright, um, now then, remember, just because you made the team last year does not guarantee you a spot this year. Is that clear?" I asked.

"Good." I finished once no one said anything.

Ginny was one of the chasers I knew I would pick, and the same with Katie Bell, we just needed one more chaser. A girl called Robins was pretty good, so I would probably appoint her. I practically just dismissed everyone that missed or such and was left with these 3. Ginny and Katie smiled gladly, and the other girl looked ecstatic. After the chasers were mostly done, we all came back to the ground to find more students that I didn't recognize. They were dressed in yellow wand blue and- wait- they weren't even from Gryffindor!

"These are the Gryffindor tryouts." I heard Ginny snap, as a few of them left.

"Alright, beaters are up," I said, once again soaring upwards along with the beaters and Ginny to help.

A few extra players soared around to be the beater's targets, but I sent most of them back, as they didn't quite impress me. There were about 4 beaters left when one of them swiftly send the ball flying towards Ginny, who quickly ducked but looked surprised. She gave me an impressed look and flew back out.

Jimmy Peakes, would probably get one of the spots. After we played out a bit, I dismissed the other two beaters and decided on Jimmy Peakes and Ritchie Coote as Gryffindor's official beaters. We soared downwards, and soon it was the keepers' turns. Ron gave me a  weak smile and nervously soared upwards along with McLaggen, and a few other tryouts. As I dreaded, Ron and McLaggen were the best keepers, and they both never missed a shot. Dang it.

"Okay, everyone. It's up to Ron Weasley and Cormac McLaggen!" I exclaimed to the rest of the tryouts.

"Thank you all for trying out, you all did great!" I encouraged them, as they all turned around and left.

"Ron, you're up first," I said to Ron, who looked pale.

Ginny gave me a nervous look, but got in position, and took her best shot at Ron, which he caught. I gave him an encouraging smile, and he seemed to gain confidence. Ginny received the Quaffle again and shot it hard again at Ron who was about to let it pass, but he hit it away at the last minute. He did the same the third time, and Katie Bell went after the ball, as I switched out Ron with McLaggen, getting bored and wanting lunch.

Ginny shot pretty much the same at McLaggen, but he blocked it. Uh. How long would this go on for? Ginny shot again, and he blocked it again. One more. Katie threw the ball at Ginny and she caught it and immediately threw it towards one of the posts. I could've sworn McLaggen was going to block it, but at the last moment, he abruptly turned away, looking confused. Huh. I looked around to try to find anyone who may have caused it, but I didn't see anyone. I saw Hermione in the stands and wanted to get her attention, but she was smirking at McLaggen. Well, now I know who helped out Ron.