Chapter 29: Death Eaters at the Burrow

INTO THE RUSHES- Nicholas Hooper

December 25, 6th year, 1996

HARRY POV:

"It was delicious, Molly, really," Tonks said, edging towards the door.

"Are you sure you won't stay?" Molly asked them, but Remus was busy searching for something in the sky.

"No, we should go. The first night of the cycle's always the worst." Tonks said, looking back at me and Sirius.

"Remus?" Sirius said, leaving me and slowly walking up towards him.

"Remus," Tonks said, watching him carefully.

(OKAY I'M LITERALLY SO CONFUSED BECAUSE THEY DON'T GET TOGETHER UNTIL THE END OF BOOK 6 BUT IN THE MOVIE TONKS CALLS REMUS SWEETHEART DURING THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS SOMEONE PLS SEND HELP CAUSE IDK WHAT TO DO.)

"What's happening?" I heard Ginny whisper from behind me, sneaking in next to me.

"I don't-" I started, but soon my heart dropped.

Several dark black figures landed around the house surrounding it in a circle of fire. I acted quicker than anyone and pushed past Sirius and Remus to get outside, escaping their grasp. I heard Bellatrix cackle behind the fire, running through the tall grass behind it.

"You can't catch me!" She cackled to no one in particular.

"HARRY NO!" Sirius yelled, running to stop me, but I was gone, racing through the open spot I had spotted in the fire ring.

"Harry!" I heard Ginny yell.

Please don't follow me, Ginny. Stay there. Don't follow me.

"Ooh!" I heard Bellatrix exclaim in a weird tone.

Did she just almost trip? What the hell was happening? I couldn't see anything as the grass was too long. I heard rustling behind me, and now I had finally come to my senses. There were multiple death eaters. How was I going to fight all of them? Well, I ran for Bellatrix in the first place, but still.

I looked around through the tall grass trying to spot faces. Soon, I found a blue little wisp, approaching me slowly and slowly on my left side. When it came in front of me, I saw a bright white dog appear in the form of a dog. Sirius.

I ran in the direction of the Patronus very quickly, especially since the grass was taller than me all around. This was the direction it came from, right? I thought as I was running, and as always, dazed out and soon ran into Sirius. Literally.

Thankfully neither of us screamed, but we both stumbled and almost grinned. This grin was wiped out of our minds when we heard more Bellatrix cackles, letting us know that they hadn't left. I looked at Sirius, and he looked in the direction of the cackle.

"Back me up and watch for others." He said, moving forward, his wand at the ready.

I nodded and walked in the same direction, spinning around almost in a circle until I saw blazing red hair to my left. Ginny. Did she see me? Come towards us! I made sure I was still watching after Sirius and Ginny started running towards me. She was getting closer and closer, and I made sure again that Sirius was still here, as he was a few feet away, not noticing my pause.

"Ginny." I sighed and quickly motioned her to follow Sirius with me.

"Sirius," I whispered.

"Don't freak out. Ginny's here." I said to his ear.

He quickly glanced back at us and nodded. Suddenly we heard another cackle. I saw an opening upfront and knew we could hold up with 3 people.

"Sirius-" I began to tell him the plan.