Chapter 8: The last days

THE FRIENDS- Nicholas Hooper

Harry POV:

The last 2 to 3 weeks before school were fun. We made multiple visits to Diagon Alley, once for school supplies, and a few more for fun. The Order in general didn't gather. Not that I even know who exactly is in the order. Yeah, sure I saw the list and even put my name on it, but, it was pretty confusing. Especially the ones who had been in the order twice. Sirius had told me that the first Order of the Phoenix was founded by Dumbledore, before the first wizarding war. In 1981, when Voldemort killed my parents and attacked me, the Order pretty much dissolved. Until last year, when we all first heard of the Order of the Phoenix.

Besides eating and helping around the house, we didn't do quite much. It wasn't like we were going to start training or something. We were relaxing after a long year and a longer one ahead. After taking O.W.L.S. last year, I pretty much knew what classes I was going to take and which ones I would finally get out of the way. I told Ron and Hermione all about Slughorn and how he would be the new Defense against the dark arts teacher. He seemed nice, but it didn't look like he knew a lot about dueling or the dark arts. Maybe some other subject. "Did he tell you he was teaching DADA Harry?" I heard Hermione's voice repeat in my head. "No," I responded. "Then maybe he's not." She said.

On the other hand, Sirius's hearings went well and he's not wanted anymore. I didn't even need to do anything. But Hermione and Lupin did. Ron wasn't that great with words, and he wasn't too confident, as was I. Thankfully, after a thorough explanation of everything, the committee voted for Sirius to be redeemed and for Peter Pettigrew to take his place on the wanted signs. The committee, also voted for Cornelius Fudge to resign and so he did. A tall, kind of with a lion mane type of wizard took his place, and soon, we all knew his name to be Rufus Scrimgeour.

We were leaving for school tomorrow and Ron I started packing our bags out of boredom, not that we would ever pack our bags an entire day early. I even neatly folded my robes and it was still the same time. 11:00 am. "Uhh." I groaned out of boredom while sticking my head into my trunk. "Same here mate." Said Ron sighing, while folding a shirt. In a way, I wanted to spend every day with my godfather Sirius, but I also missed Hogwarts and adventure, and I could tell he did too. "Imagine being having 3 best friends with one of them dying, the other one being the cause of the death of the other one, and now you're left with the nerd, who, might I say doesn't even show up that often." I laughed as I remembered Sirius's words.

"Harry!" Called Ginny throughout the house.

I immediately got up and went in search of her voice wondering why she was calling me. I found her in Hermione and her's room. "Yeah Ginny," I said stepping into their room.

"Harry James Potter." She said pushing me up against a wall.

"You tell me right now where you put my wand?" She asked me.

"Your wand?" I ask confused.

"Yes." She nodded. "I left it next to my trunk when I left the room, and then I came back and it was gone." She said, eyeing me.

"I'm flattered that you think I would take it, Ginny," I said looking into her eyes.

Her grip lightened on me as she blushed and said

"It wasn't you?" She asked confusingly.

"Nope," I said.

"Oh." She started. "Sorry." She said. "I thought it was payback for when I disarmed you at the ministry." She says looking confused.

"Once again. No. But I can help look for it, I was bored anyway." I said sweetly.

"Sure thanks, but I think I have my next suspects." She said smirking back at me.