I've Got All These Demons

The penthouse was cozily lit by the fire in the hearth, the warmth enveloping Taehyung's frame as he was sat on one of Seokjin's highly comfortable couches, his body tucked in by a heavy blanket. It was nine pm already and the two men had gotten Chinese takeout before settling in Seokjin's penthouse to drink some coffee and chat the evening away.

Jeongguk had left for Hoseok's place that afternoon to help make the house dog-proof. They were going to the local animal shelter to look for a dog the next day and so Jeongguk would also stay the night.

Taehyung didn't like the thought of going back to an empty apartment and so he decided to extend his stay at Seokjin's for as long as he could without getting actually kicked out.

"Taehyung, I'm grateful but- I'm not sure if I'm ready to get back in the dating scene." Seokjin sighed, running a hand through his hair as he glanced at the phone number Taehyung had given him. The numbers were prettily scribbled onto the paper, the name Lana curled underneath the last digit.

"Hyung, it's been ages," Taehyung whined, flopping his arms around. "You should get out there, let the ladies see that handsome face of yours, and let them fight for your penthouse luxury."

"Hey! Those are not the only two important things about me." Seokjin protested, ready to fling a pillow at the man's head. Taehyung cackled, his head the only thing visible from behind the big red blanket he had gotten.

"Those are the only ones Jungkook always brought up when he was jealous." Taehyung shrugged. "C'mon, I promised I would set her up with a handsome, polite, and smart man."

"I do indeed possess all those qualities." Seokjin nodded, already lost in thought. Taehyung snorted as the man's self-confidence suddenly jumped out. "But that does not mean it makes me want to have a girlfriend."

"Who said anything about a girlfriend?" Taehyung grinned before turning his eyes into big pleading ones. "Just go on one date please, I'll assure you it'll do you good."

He had made a promise to Lana after all, and he couldn't fail one of his most frequent gym-goers. He had made a gay oath to be the best wingman, and he was not going to break it.

"If this goes horrible I know where to find your ass," Seokjin grumbled, his threat flying right over the man's head. Taehyung snorted. "Sorry but my ass is taken already. Jeongguk wouldn't hesitate to kick your face."

Seokjin clicked his tongue. "But you just told me he thinks that's one of my perks."

"Reasons more to relieve you of it." Taehyung grinned. He scootched closer to the edge of the couch to grab onto his mug filled with sweet coffee – he had accidentally dumped too much sugar into it – and took a hesitant sip.

"I'm glad you two worked things out," Seokjin said after Taehyung set his mug back down. "You've been looking much happier lately."

"Have I?" Taehyung hummed, "Jeongguk's been making me happy for all these years, I can't help but think he has always made me this happy."

"It's different now though, isn't it? You told me he's getting better at displaying public affection." Seokjin pointed out before grabbing his own mug and snatching a chocolate-covered cookie from the tray he placed down earlier. "You're not someone he hides any longer and I think stepping out of the shadows, finally, has made you happier and consequently has made him happier as well.

"That could be." Taehyung smiled. "I just want to see Jeongguk happy, and he has been a lot happier since our break ended so I can only be happy as well."

"That's true love, right there," Seokjin said. "And I'm sure it's the same case for Jeongguk as well."

»»————- 🥊 ————-««