Nobody Can See Them

The living room was draped in a cozy orange atmosphere. A twenty year old boy sat crossed legged on the black leather couch, fuzzy yellow socks on his feet as the too large grey sweatpants bunched around his ankles. Some sort of commercial was softly playing in the background, the sound of the television merely used as absent noise.

The coffee table in front of the television was filled with greasy food packets stamped with a big yellow M. The boy reached for a crisp fry which dripped of grease and salt but was enjoyed nonetheless. It was dipped into a little packet of barbeque sauce and then popped into the boy's mouth.

"Darling".

The smooth voice of the boy's lover drifted towards him from the doorway. Long legs wrapped in tight black joggers came forward and then arms were hugging the boy from behind the couch. "You're starting without me already?"

"I'm hungry", the youngest mumbled, another fry dangling from his mouth, "And you took too long". A soft pout was formed onto his lips as the older male released a short sigh.

"I was parking the car little one". The older male released his boyfriend and stepped around the couch to take a seat next to him. "The whole apartment reeks of fastfood already".

"S'not my fault you agreed to get take out". Jeongguk offered his boyfriend a fry, his bunny teeth poking out when he smiled at him. Taehyung's eyes merely flickered to the fry before glancing back up again.

His hand grabbed onto the other's hand and then pulled him forward, effectively making him close enough to press a kiss onto his lips. "You know I can't resist those pretty eyes".

"You're embarrassing". A soft pink hue took over Jeongguk's cheeks. He ignored the thudding of his heart and shoved a packet of fries into Taehyung's lap. "Let's eat".

Jeongguk wasn't good with affection, sweet names, compliments aimed at him nor unexpected kisses like this one. In Taehyung's perspective, Jeongguk had immensely improved ever since meeting Taehyung.

Meeting Taehyung had immediately come along with sweet words such as little one and darling and love. Jeongguk hadn't even been dating him yet but had been Taehyung's little one from the very beginning.

Then came the random spurts of affection Taehyung used to give him. Whether it was a clap on the back or a quick hug, Jeongguk hadn't been used to any of it.

Especially not when these forms of affection became more serious: long hugs, kisses, backhugs, playing footsie under the table, nuzzles in his neck, it had all been unfamiliar territory for him.

And there had been - still was - the big factor of all those petnames, love, affection, compliments given to him by another male.

Jeongguk had a boyfriend.

An actual man he had fallen in love with.

It still freaked him out from time to time. Maybe because of the fact that no one knew about Taehyung being his boyfriend. Because of this, every time he wasn't around Taehyung it was as if the man didn't exist. It was as if Jeongguk was a normal boy whenever he walked around town, seemingly normal, heterosexual and most of all normal.

He was happy whenever he was around Taehyung, but he couldn't help but push the panicked thoughts away. He was in love with another man. He was in a relationship with one. He was gay.

And he's lived in fear of anyone finding out about this part of him ever since meeting Taehyung.

Before Taehyung, his sexuality had never really come to mind. He had, like every other teenage boy around him, always enjoyed the thought of girls. Their soft supple thighs, their higher voices, their nice smelling hair, their giggles and small waists; it had all sounded so nice.