You're The Only One

"Stop being so nervous." Hoseok jabbed the boy between the ribs, making him startle out of his thoughts. "It'll be fine."

Jeongguk threw the other a filthy glare but kept his mouth as they made their way towards the familiar café. "You know what will make me less nervous?" He decided to ask once they neared the door.

"What would that be?" Hoseok asked, an impressed tone in his voice, hands pushing the door open. The little bell rang and it made Jeongguk's hand twitch, the nerves settling in again.

"You paying for my drink again."

"I was already going to do that, idiot." Hoseok said with a roll of his eye. "Go take a seat somewhere. I'll go fetch us our drinks."

Jeongguk noticed an empty seat in the back and slid into the booth, his legs wobbling because of the nerves. With anxious eyes he watched Hoseok walk over to the familiar looking cashier – Namjoon he was called if he remembered correctly- whose face lit up as he chattered with the boy.

He seems nice.

The serenity he had felt when watching Namjoon talk was quickly forgotten when the little bell chimed and in walked a man, clad in black jeans and a big yellow hoodie, hair a deep black as he sauntered into the café, his chains that were looped through his belt moving.

The man had an intimidating aura around him, not a hint of happiness on his face until he made eye contact with the people at the counter – specifically the one behind it. "Joonie." The man suddenly smiled, his eyes squeezing shut as he wandered over to the cashier.

He watched Hoseok turn around at hearing the voice and smile back at the newcomer. The man came to a halt in front of the counter and started talking to Hoseok after throwing Namjoon a flirty smile.

Hoseok said something to the man and suddenly pointed over at where Jeongguk was sitting, making the man glance at him.

Jeongguk then realized this must be Yoongi, the man he was supposed to meet here.

The raven haired male winked towards Namjoon and then sauntered over to where Jeongguk was sitting. Jeongguk felt his nerves double when the man reached his table.

"Hello there." Yoongi said before sliding into the booth. "You're Jeongguk, right?"

What if I just lied and ran away right now?

"Yes, you must be Yoongi, Hoseok's cousin." The younger boy replied, ducking his head. "It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to finally meet you as well." Yoongi smiled. He seemed kind and the intimidating aura he had when entering the cafe had dissipated.

Jeongguk felt himself relax a bit but he managed to catch the way Yoongi glanced at the side to check if Hoseok was still talking to Namjoon and leaned in.

"Before anything, I wanted to thank you for looking after Hoseok."

Jeongguk frowned and shuffled his feet. "Looking after him? If anything, he's been looking after me. He lets me stay at his house, buys me food and makes sure my homework is done."

"You know what I mean Jeongguk." The older man replied. "Hoseok hasn't told me anything specifically but from what I've heard and now to see him, I can see that he's- different, happier I think."

"You really think so?"

"Being in the presence of people has always made him more comfortable. That's why he often stayed at my house before- well, before my coming out happened. I went to live with my boyfriend after that, my boyfriend being the one handsome guy behind the counter, but things between me and Hosoek weren't too- good."