Chapter 1

Donald had moved away with Daisy. The boys missed him, but did other things to take their minds off of it. They had each gotten their own room. Huey's was filled with Junior Woodchuck stuff. Dewey's was filled with random stuff that Dewey had tried out but lost interest in like, snowboarding, skating, and painting. Louie's room was empty because he wasn't interested in anything. The only thing he had been interested in, Louie Inc., had been banned because he had made a few (life threatening) mistakes.

Louie had devised a well planned way to get richer. Scrooge had a strict rule that whatever treasure they find, goes straight to the money bin. Every time they went on an adventure for treasure, Louie would wait till no one was watching, and then take some and stash it in his pockets. Then, when they got home, he would rush up to his room and stash all his treasure inside a safe under a loose floorboard. He also put half of it in a loose board in the wall. That way, if he were caught with the treasure and asked to give it all up, he would only give up half of it because they wouldn't know that Louie had more than one hiding spot.

This time was no different. The family had just came back from an adventure when Louie ran up to his room. He locked the door and dumped out his pockets content. There was at least $2000 worth of gold coins and ruby necklaces. He saw a gold ring and put it on. It fit perfectly. He stashed it in his pocket. "Dinner's ready!!" Della shouted from downstairs. Louie quickly stashed his money into the loose wall board. He decided to not split it and quickly ran downstairs, forgetting that the gold ring was still in his pocket.

As he was walking towards the table, he tripped on something. He fell face-flat to the floor, the ring tumbling out of his pocket. He looked back and saw Huey's JWG on the floor. So that's what he'd slipped on. "No! My Junior Woodchuk Guidebook!" Huey shouted, running towards the book. Louie had torn out a few pages when he tripped on it. "Now look what you've done!" Dewey glared at Louie and went to comfort his brother.

The ring had broken when it dropped to the ground. A loud wind blew through the mansion. Suddenly, the ring glowed and a spirit flew out of it. It knocked over the cursed vases and other cursed objects. Spirits also flew out of those, and they started to tear the house apart.

The family all started to fight the spirits off, while Louie snuck back to his room. "I told you this would happen." a girl's voice said. "Oh, shut up, Chloe." Louie grumbled. His eyes drifted to a shadow on the wall. It was the shadow of a girl. She had hair similar to Lena's, but it was a dark-purple.

She rolled her eyes. "Now what? They're obviously gonna be mad at you." she said. "Just shut up!" Louie said. The girl snickered. After a while, it got quiet. There was a bang on the door. "Welp, gotta go!" The shadow on the wall disappeared. Louie walked over to the door and unlocked it to see a mad Della and a furious Scrooge.

"What were you thinkin' lad?! You know all treasure goes to the bin!" Scrooge hollered. "It was just a mistake!" Louie said. "A mistake?! You could've gotten us all killed!" Della yelled. Louie cringed. "It wasn't just my mistake! Huey's the one who left his book on the floor!" Louie said. "But if you hadn't stolen the ring, the book wouldn't matter!" Della said. "Why are you always just concentrating on my mistakes! What about Dewey, running ahead and almost getting us all killed by deathtraps! What about Huey, leaving his book on the floor that someone could've tripped on and broken their neck! What about you, Della, randomly flying to the moon! What about you, Scrooge, keeping cursed stuff in a dining room?!" Louie yelled. Scrooge turned bright red. "Why you..! Lad your grounded! And watch your mouth!" Scrooge stormed downstairs. Della just looked at Louie and left. Louie slammed the door. "Good riddance!"

The shadow appeared back on the wall. "I didn't know you had that much anger locked inside of you!" "You don't the half of it." Louie said darkly.

"Soo.." Chloe said. "That's It! I'm leaving!" Louie yelled. Chloe wasn't surprised. "I knew one day you'd be fed up with this terrible life. I just didn't know it'd take that long! But lucky you waited cuz now you have lots of treasure !" Chloe said. Louie opened the floorboard and grabbed a satchel. He dumped all the treasure in there. When it filled up, Louie grabbed a backpack. He filled it up too. Then he took some of it and and stashed it in his jacket pockets (he had a lot since he had gotten Huey to sew more onto it). "Here." Louie threw the satchel and backpack at the shadow. Surprisingly, she caught it. The bags became shadows and Louie opened a window. "Come on!" Louie said. Chloe rolled her eyes and flew over to the window. Louie stood still and said, "Are you done yet?!" "Yep." she replied. Chloe had attached herself to Louie so they wouldn't become separated. Chloe was now Louie's shadow.

Louie jumped out the window, but in wasn't a very high fall. Only about 5 feet. Louie hit the ground on his feet. "I guess it's not only cats who land on their feet!" Chloe joked. Louie just kept walking. He ducked under all the windows with lights on. He became angry when he saw his family laughing and having fun in the dining room without him. It was as if they had forgotten his existence. They didn't remember, and neither did they care.

Louie's eyes were burning from trying not to cry. Chloe looked saddened. Louie ran and ran until the mansion was out of sight (And that's pretty hard to do since it's so big) and stopped at a train station. He got 500 bucks for just the treasure in one of his pockets. He used that money to buy a first class train ticket. "Where are we headed?" Chloe asked. "As far away from here as possible." Louie answered.

They boarded the train, and Louie never looked back.