Chapter 3

It had been 2 years since Louie had run away.

Huey had decided to carry on with his life. Dewey decided to just forget he ever existed. Della locked herself in her room. She felt it was her fault he was gone. Webby was just busy trying to cheer everyone up. Scrooge showed he didn't care on the outside, but on the inside, he knew it was partly his fault Louie was gone, and he wished he had been a bit nicer to him.

________________________________________________________

Louie was doing great.

Louie had told his friends about his past. They had been amazed at the story.

They used the treasure Louie had for equipment.

He and his friends had gotten themselves into the undocumented criminal hall of fame. They were the Outcasts. Amy was the inventor. She created gadgets for their heists. Evan was the tech whiz. He hacked into computer databases for info for the heists and made the fake IDs. Lloyd was the planer. He planned out everything from disguises to the escape route. And finally, there was Louie. Louie was the one who carried out the plan. Louie would complete all the heists and he could talk his way out of almost anything. (Keyword: Almost )

Chloe would help in the heists as well, but only when the rest of the gang wasn't there. Some secrets, Louie decided, were better kept secrets.

They were some of the most wanted thieves in Duckburg, but none were more wanted than Louie Gold.

And their next target was a big one.

"Hey guys, so what's the next target?" Louie asked. He had just entered their secret base. It was hidden in a dumpster for spare parts and you had to have the right fingerprint and code to get in.

"We're going for a big one." Lloyd answered. "We're going for the Emerald of Lexingham." "How are we gonna get it? That thing moves, like, twice a day!" Louie said. "Correction, once a week." Evan said. Louie rolled his eyes. "Ok, once a week. So, how are we gonna get it?" "Well, according to my research, by tomorrow it should be in the Duckburg Museum, on the 4th floor, and protected by lasers. Not to mention WatchDog will be there." Evan said.

"Oh, it's on!" Louie said.

___________________________________________________

Louie was currently crawling through the air shaft in the museum. He unscrewed the air vent and looked down. In that room, was the Emerald of Lexingham. The Emerald of Lexingham was an emerald 3x the size of a normal one. It was the most prized possession of the people of Lexingham. It was stolen from a bank vault. As the criminal ran from the police, they neared a cliff that dropped down into the ocean. The police were able to tackle the criminal, but the emerald rolled out of the thief's hand and off the cliff. The emerald was lost at sea.

But scientists had recently discovered the emerald in a sunken ship. After they studied it, they decided to put it out for the world to see. Ever since then, it had been going from museum to museum, for everyone to see.

Louie checked his watch. Only a few more seconds anddd...yes! It was now 4:00, the time the exhibit closed and this left him with only a couple of minutes while the guards changed places. Louie sprayed something into the room, revealing a bunch of lasers.

"Lasers exposed." he said.

"Great. Shutting power in three..two...one!" Evan said through the earpiece.

The lights went out and the lasers shut off. "What's going on?!" Louie heard a voice through the door. Louie quickly switched the Emerald with a fake one Amy made. Suddenly, the doors slammed open and the emergency power was put on.

"Put your hands up Gold!" a woman shouted. She was a black heron dressed in a black suit and red tie. She and a bunch of other guards had flooded into the room, pointing dart guns at Louie. Louie put his hands up, slowly walking towards the glass case, hoping she wouldn't notice. "Freeze right there!" she yelled. Louie froze.

"Who are you? You don't look like your from WD." he said.

"Agent Sharp of Interpol." she replied.

"Gold, you are under arrest for theft, trespassing, and breaking and entering!" she said. "Ok, I'll come willingly...if you can catch me!" Louie said. He scratched his fingernails against the glass, creating a horrible sound, causing Agent Sharp and the guards to fall to the floor, dropping their guns to cover their ears. The noise didn't affect Louie, since this was preplanned and he had earplugs in.

He ran and jumped out the window, firing a grappling hook at the window. He swung to the ground and retracted it, running as fast as his legs would carry him.

"GOLD!!"

He didn't dare look back, in fear of tripping over something. He turned a corner and crashed into a girl. He hurriedly helped her up. Not until she spoke did he look back to see who she was and who was with her.

"Louie?"

When he looked back, he froze. He saw his family anddd...yep. The girl he crashed into was Webby. When he got back to his senses, he saw Agent Sharp round the corner. He ran as fast as he could. Then he felt a sharp pain in his shoulder. He looked over and saw a dart. 'Dang it.' he thought.

Then it all went black.