Chapter 14

They all ran downstairs into the foyer. There, they met Louie. "Louie!" they shouted. After a moment, Louie spoke. "Huh. No more footsteps." Louie said. He smirked. "Well, I guess this'll be easier than I thought." Just then, Amy, Evan, Lloyd, and Sam burst through the doors. "We short circuited the fence, so we caused a bit of an explosion." Amy said. Louie rolled his eyes.

Then chaos erupted.

Sam took on Webby. Evan took on Dewey. Huey took on Amy. Lloyd took on Violet. Lena took on Louie. 

"Wouldn't it be faster to just release my wolves on them?" Chloe asked. Louie grunted. "No. The gang is here. They'd see." he replied. "Who are you talking to?" Lena asked suspiciously. "Why, my shadow of course." Louie smirked. Lena looked shocked. "Mhm. I know all about your encounter." he said.

"We wouldn't have to let them know where they came from." Chloe said, resuming their conversation. Louie thought on it. "Fine. Just do it." he sighed. Chloe nodded. She added back the fire mane and claws and whatnot. She howled. A bunch of shadow wolves came running.

Everyone was shocked at their timing.

The wolves started swiping at everyone.

A wolf attacked Lena, and Louie slipped away. He walked over towards Amy. Most of them had split up from fighting, since the wolves were attacking everyone. "What about the serum?" he asked. "I haven't gotten the chance to use it." she replied. "But now is as good a time as any." she took out 2 poison dart blow tubes. "Each of the darts are dipped in the serum. It'll put 'em to sleep for a good 12 hours." she said. She handed one to Louie.

He tried to aim, but it was too hard since everyone was running wild. Spells bounced off vases and stuff, presumably from Lena and Webby. There was a giant book blocking the door, which was later found out to be an illusion from Violet, when a wolf ran right through it. Dewey was slicing at wolves, but just breaking things. Huey was running away from wolves and consulting his JWG.

It was complete and uter chaos.

Louie picked Huey as a target and used his magic to figure out where he would end up next. He shot the dart and it ended up in Huey's shoulder. He fainted, and Chloe called off the wolves chasing him. Louie picked Dewey as his next target. He found out where he would end up next, predicting his movements, and then shot the dart. It hit Dewey in the leg, and he fell over. Chloe called off the wolves chasing him. Louie shot them all down one by one until it was just him, his friends, the wolves, and Lena.

Lena created a shield bubble around herself. Most of the wolves were attacking her, but some of them strayed and went for Louie's friends, as to not arouse suspicion.

Louie whispered something and the dart glowed with green aura. He aimed and shot the last dart at Lena. It penetrated her shield and stuck her in the shoulder. She tried to stay strong but felt herself getting dizzy. So she said one word.

"Why?"

Louie shrugged.

"A kid's gotta do what a kid's gotta do to live, and this kid just took his life back."

Lena's eyes slowly closed.

Then it all went black.

____________________________

Lena was the first to come to, shaking her head drowsily. Slowly, everything came back to her.

She stood up. She shook Webby awake, who in turn helped wake everyone else up.

"What..what happened?" Huey asked groggily. Lena looked out the window. The sun was up. "We've been asleep all night?" she asked. The rest of them slowly remembered what had happened. "Oh, no. Louie got away!" Webby exclaimed.

They heard footsteps, and Scrooge, Beakley, and Della came downstairs. "Kids? What are you-WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE!?" Della shouted. The kids looked around. Sure enough, the foyer was trashed and the magical artifacts they had used were scattered around. "Oh man. We really wrecked this place." Dewey groaned. "What happened?" Scrooge asked.

"Louie happened. Louie and his friends." Dewey replied dryly. "What are you talking about?" Scrooge asked. "Louie had backup and they came last night. We fought them, but those shadow wolves came back and started attacking us." Webby explained. "They shot us with darts that had something in them that put us to sleep for the rest of the night." Violet added.

"Well, we gotta go find them then!" Scrooge said, determined. "They're long gone by now. I wouldn't be surprised if they left Duckburg after this." Huey said sadly.

"Wait-Louie had a phone, right?" Violet asked. They nodded. "Wait, Louie had a phone?" Della asked. "It's a long story." Violet said. "But we can see what's on the phone. His friends' phone numbers are probably on there. If we call them and the reciver stays on long enough, we can track them!" Violet said. "Alright!" they cheered.

"Let's get Louie back!"