Chapter 9

"So you're saying he was involved with the wolves?" Webby asked excitedly. "Err, yeah." Lena answered, unsure why she was so excited. Him being involved probably means the wolves were on his side, meaning he has a weapon. "Am I the only one who is worried about the fact that he has a phone?" Violet asked. They looked at her. "I mean, he can contact the outside world. He probably has backup." she explained. Lena thought of something. "He does! He was talking on the phone to someone about something happening. They said it would happen in 24 hours." she said. The rest of them pondered on this.

"Well whatever happens, we need to be prepared." Webby said. They nodded. "But how? What do we have that we could use as weapons?" Violet asked. They stared at her. "You do realize we're in a house full of magic swords and cursed objects, right?" Lena asked. "Yes, but don't know how to use them, or what they do." Violet replied. It was true. "Maybe we should tell everyone. Scrooge may have a way to stop him." Webby said. "No. You saw him when the wolves attacked. None of us could do anything." Lena said. "Fine. But let's at least tell Huey and Dewey. Louie, is their brother." Webby insisted. Violet nodded at this idea, and Lena gave in. "Fine." she said.

The group went into the den to find Huey and Dewey playing video games and eating snacks. Well, Dewey was eating snacks. And paying video games. Ok, so Huey was just reading, for what seemed like the 1,000,000th time, the JWG.

"Hey guys. What are you doing here?" Huey asked, looking up from the miniature book. "We need to tell you guys something." Webby said. "What?" Dewey asked, putting down the the gaming console. "It's about Louie. Follow us." Lena said. They went back to Webby's room, the boys following in suit.

__________________________________

"So, what's this about?" Huey asked once they had gotten to Webby's room. "Louie. I heard him talking on the phone. And he was acting weird." Lena explained. "You were spying on him?" Dewey asked. "No..well, yes. But, get a load of this..." Lena went on to explain what she heard and saw.

"Hmm. If he has backup, then we'll definitely need to be prepared." Huey said. "Yes, but the question is how." Dewey added. "Well, maybe the library has something." Huey suggested. "That's genius! We should have thought of this sooner! We may not know how to work magic, cursed objects, but the books in the library might!" Violet exclaimed.

The group pondered on this idea and, before they could waste anymore time, rushed off to the library.

_____________________________________

1 Hour Later

Louie watched the clock hands moving, ever sooo slowly. He had woken up from his nap, only to discover it had only been 1 hour. "Ughhh. Why does 24 hours have to be so long?" he asked. "I dunno. Let's play something on your phones." Chloe said. Louie got up and went to the space in the wall. He took out 2 phones and threw one at Chloe. It turned to shadow and she caught it. She quickly transformed back into her regular form, because it's hard to operate a phone with paws.

Louie opened up his phone and saw a notification.

A Magical Force Has Been Sensed In A 10ft. Perimeter
¹ ᴬⁿᵈ ᴬ ᴴᵃˡᶠ ᴴᵒᵘʳˢ ᴬᵍᵒ

Louie was shocked. He had been asleep for 1 hour, which means this happened...
Louie watched in horror as it dawned on his what happened. "NO!" he yelled. Chloe looked up from the phone, startled. She frowned. "What now?" she asked. "Lena." he said, venom in his voice. "Umm. Ok? What about-" "She must have been spying on me!" he said. "Wha??" Chloe asked, confused at this new revelation. "I cast an enchantment on this phone so it would alert me if magic that wasn't mine was being used in the mansion." he explained.

"I bet you anything it was Lena." he said. Chloe was shocked. Louie tapped on the notification. It opened up a strange page that wasn't an app. He scrolled down and read the page.

Magic Source: Living Creature

Magic Source Location: 10ft. Away (It showed a picture of the mansion and a red dot was right infront of Louie's door.)

Magic Display Duration: 1/2 Hours

Power Of Enchantment: 2.5

Type Of Spell: Visibility

Magical Signature Traced To: Lena Sabrewing

"I knew it." Louie thought of something. "She must have used the visibility spell to see through the door. At least she might not have heard everything. The visibility spell only lets you see though things, but the door would have stilled muffled the sound." Louie said. "We'll she spied on us, so we'll spy on her!" Chloe said. Louie nodded.

He put his hands together in a circle. A green light shot out from them and formed a giant circle in the middle of the room. The outlines of it were green and it glowed and shimmered. It the circle, was a picture of Lena. She was apparently in the library, along with Webby, Violet, Huey, and Dewey.

"What are they doing?" Chloe asked. "I'll bet it has something to do with us and whatever she heard from spying on me." Louie said. Violet started to say something, and they were quiet, wonder what the group would want in the library.