Chapter 7

Flashback

Louie was walking through a swamp. He saw a giant house that was in the the face of Magica De Spell. "This has to be the right place." he said. He walked towards it. He knocked on the door and waited. Magica opened the door. "Hello? What do you want?" she scowled at Louie. "I'm here to make a deal." he said simply. "Not interested." she was about to close the door, when Louie said, "Ah, but I have something you might like." He fished something out of his pocket. He held up a purple amulet. "What?! How did you get that?!" she asked, making an attempt to grab the amulet. But Louie dodged her attempt. "That's for me to know, and you to not." he said. "Remember. I'm here for a deal." "Fine. But make it quick." she said.

"I'll give you the amulet, if you give me a spell that can counter magic. All, magic." he said. "Also, you have to promise you won't attack me or anyone I don't want attacked, if you get this back." he said. "First of all, you have to be magical to use a spell. Second, if I promise not to attack anyone you don't want attacked, then how am I going to get revenge on your family?" she said. "One, I am a magic user. Recent discovery. Two, I don't care whether you attack Lena and whoever else. I'm talking about my friends. You've never met them, so you've got no grudge against them, so don't attack them." Louie said. "Hmm. Fine." She tried to grab the amulet. "Tsk. Tsk. Not yet. How do I know you won't double cross me?" he asked, dodging her second attempt. "What about a enchanted contract? No one can double cross an enchanted contract." "Alright."

He tossed the amulet to her. Once she got her power back, she snapped her fingers and a paper and a pen appeared. "You sign here." She said. He grabbed the floating pen and signed. Then Magica signed. She snapped her fingers again and it disappeared. She snapped one more time, and a blank paper appeared. Then the pen started writing stuff down. "Here. If you cast this on someone or something and someone uses magic on it, the magic will bounce right back to it's user." she explained. Louie nodded and left.

End of Flashback

Louie watched as the wolves trashed the mansion, clawing things apart and shredding things with their fangs. The mansion was teeming with purple fire. Everyone was trying to put out the fire, while also dodging phantom wolves that were trying to eat them. "Chloe!" Louie whisper-shouted. She ran towards Louie. "What?" she asked. "Bite the ankle monitor!" he said. "Are you crazy!? Your leg could light on fire!" she shouted. "What kind of fire is that, anyway?" he asked. "Magic." she said. "Alright. Trust me. I won't light on fire." She hesitated. "Alright." He mumbled a few words and felt his body get surrounded by aura before she bit him.

The ankle monitor lit on fire, and shriveled up and fell off. "Awesome!" he shouted. Unfortunately, someone heard him. "What's awesome-Louie! Look out! Giant wolf!" Dewey shouted. "Uh-oh." Louie said. "Busted." Chloe finished.

"I have an idea." he said. He mumbled a few things. Then Dewey saw the wolf eat Louie. "AHH!!" he yelled. Louie snickered. "What did you do?" Chloe sighed. "Oh, nothing much. I just created an illusion so that Dewey would see you eat me." he said simply. "You WHAT?!" she yelled. "Don't worry. It's only Dewey who saw. If he tries to tell anyone, they'll think he's crazy....which is even better!" he said. "Ok. What now?" "Gather your pack and go back to my room. I'll make a show of just coming down and pretend I have no idea what happened." Louie answered. Chloe nodded and gathered her pack, before disappearing into the wall.

____________________________________________________

Louie snapped his fingers, and his bag appeared in his hands. He walked down the stairs. "What's all the commotion-what the heck happened here?!" he said. "You mean you weren't here?!?" Huey said. "Wait, Louie!? But..I...you.." Then everyone heard a thump. They looked to see Dewey fainted. "Okkk. But seriously, what happened? This place is trashed!" Louie said. "A-pack-of-phantom-wolves-came-out-of-nowhere-and-destroyed-everything-and-set-everything-on-fire!" Webby explained energetically, without taking a breath. Louie's jaw fell open. Louie thought he was a good actor.

But not everyone was fooled by Louie. Lena saw right through his act. She knew that he knew what had happened. She also felt that there was something different about him, and she didn't just mean his personality change. He was..off. Something was going on, and she intended to find out what.