Chapter 17

2 Years Ago

It had been about 3 months since Louie had left the mansion. He was getting ready for their latest heist.

They were going to break into a museum's maximum security vault that held the most valuable treasures ever.

"..and this, don't forget the diamond dagger too, and the grappling hook.." Amy was going down a list of things Louie needed. Evan was currently working on hacking into the security system. Lloyd was packing Louie's backpack as Amy listed things.

A few minutes later, Amy had finished. "That should be everything. Evan, you done yet?" she asked. "Just about.." he replied. "Done!" he said, a few moments later. "Right. Remember, the sound sensors, and the lasers-" "Yeah, yeah, I got it." Louie said, rolling his eyes. "Alright then. Let's go."

____________________________________

They arrived at the gates of the museum. "We'll see you after the heist." Lloyd said, as they left. Louie put on his night vision goggles and turned to the museum. He went up to a nearby window, using the diamond dagger to cut through it. He entered the museum and followed the route Lloyd had mapped out for him. He ducked from view of the security cameras and exposed the lasers with a spray, swiftly dodging them.

He soon came to a large room. He went inside and looked around the room. As far as he could tell, it was free of booby traps. He went over to a painting of a treasure chest full of gold and jewels. He felt around the painting, landing his fingers on a variscite, amethyst, uvarovite, lepidolite, and a topaz. He pushed them down and the painting swung open, reveling a large vault.
(A/N: Give yourself a pat on the back if you figured out why those gems were the ones to open the painting!)

Louie smirked and quickly crack the code. He entered the vault and looked around. It was full of all sorts of treasures like gems, expensive jewelry, and a whole lot of gold. There were stacks of cash around too.

Louie smirked at his findings, before noticing swift movement to his right. He spun around, looking for the source. He wondered if the museum had installed some sort of guard dog or something.

He looked around, trying to see anymore movement. Then he heard something that sounded like gold siding down. There was definitely something in here with him. "Come out!" he shouted.

A few moments later, he got a reply. But it wasn't like anything he was expecting.

"Sharpie?"

Goldie stepped out from behind a mound of gold. Louie was surprised to see Scrooge's old rival. "Goldie?" he said. "What are you doing here?" he asked. "The same thing you are, I suppose." she replied. "But what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with old Scroogie, relaxing in a mansion with your family?" she said. Louie looked down. "They're not my family." he said. "They blame me for everything that goes wrong, while ignoring their own mistakes." He felt tears threaten to burst from his eyes, but held them back.

Goldie looked sadly to him.

"I couldn't take it, so I just left." he said. "You know, I could use a partner." she said. Louie looked up with a weak smile. "Really? And you won't swindle me out of millions?" he asked. Goldie nodded. "Nope." Louie ran and hugged her.

Suddenly, there were a bunch of footsteps. Louie quickly recovered. "Darn it." he cursed himself. "Those stupid silent alarms! Amy told me this would happen. Why didn't I listen to her lecture about the museum." he cursed himself again.

"We gotta go." he said, as he ran towards the entrance of the vault. Goldie followed. He opened it and swung the painting open, jumping out, Goldie behind him. The footsteps got louder. Louie deduced that there were about 10 security guards coming.

They ran out of the room, and out into a long hallway. A few moments later, Louie saw guards running behind them.

They burst into a large room full of artifacts that were on display. The guards quickly followed, as the two con artists weaved their way through the displays. They burst through the museum doors and ran out onto the street. They guards followed them as they dodged benches and jumped over car hoods.

They turned a corner and ran into a narrow alleyway. The guards ran right past them. Louie peaked out and saw the guards just as they turned the next corner. They sighed in relief, coming out of the alleyway.

"Well, that as close." Louie sighed. "Yep." Goldie agreed.

"So, can I really be your partner?" he asked. She nodded, smiling. Louie beamed.