Chapter 8

Lena and Violet were staying at the mansion because Violet's parents were away and Webby invited Lena. Lena had been keeping an eye on Louie, not that there were very many chances to. He was always in his room, and only came out to use the bathroom and for some meals (that Beakley had made him eat with the others). Although, he usually just ate earlier or later than everyone else.

Louie had used his magic to create an illusion that he was still wearing the ankle monitor, that way no one was suspicious.

__________________________________

"Ughhh. I'm so tired of waiting!" Louie yelled. "Why not call or text them? I mean, it can't take very much longer." Chloe said. She had decided to keep her form of the wolf, but make it less dangerous by taking away the fire-mane and the super-sharp fangs and claws. She was currently resting, curled up in a ball.

"They're probably still busy. I've texted and called them so many times already." he said. "That was two days ago." she deadpanned. "Right, ok." He went to the secret compartment in the wall and took out a phone.

He typed in a number and pressed the call button. RING RING RING. "This number is not available at the moment. Please leave a mess-" Louie hung up. "See-waitttt a moment." "I don't like where this is going." she said flatly. "Oh, come on! Why don't you go see what they're doing." he said. "You know I can't stray far." she frowned. "Ugh. Right. Well, it's not that far." he said. "Fine, I'll try." She flew through the window and off through the city.

A Few Minutes Later

Chloe came flying back through the window. "They're working in the lab. I'm guessing on the serum. Amy's in her workshop creating her..umm...invention thingy." she reported. Louie nodded at the information. "I moved her phone next to her. If you call her, she should hear it." Chloe added. "Alright."

He dialed a different number on his phone an pressed 'call'. RING RING RI- "Louie!" Amy shouted. "Amy! Is it almost done? I've been calling and texting you for, like, two days!" Louie said. "Sorry. We've all been absorbed in our jobs, but don't worry, we're almost done. Lloyd says it will be 24 hours until it's done. As for me, I should be done in about the same time. Also, Sam's back!" she said. "Great! Maybe she can help hurry it up, 'cause its hell here! See ya soon." Louie said. "Bye!" she answered. Louie hung up.

Samantha (A.K.A 'Sam') is a bobcat from Africa and is the fighter of the group. She knows karate, ju-jitsu and every other martial-art/fighting skill there was to know. She had been gone for 6 months to deal with a 'personal matter' the rest of the gang didn't know of. Louie had met her about a month after he joined the group, since she had been gone when he met the rest of them. She had taught the rest of the gang karate and stuff, but they would still never be as good as her.

"Sooo. One more day!" Chloe exclaimed. "Yep. Then we'll be outta here." he said. He got in bed and took a nap, while the shadow disappeared from the wall.

Half An Hour Earlier

Lena had finished lunch. She went to go hang out with Violet and Webby. They were busy reading, and she definitely wasn't going to do that, so since she couldn't hang with her BFFs, she decided to do the next best thing: Spy on Louie.

She looked in the kitchen, and when she didn't see him, she checked his room. It was locked, so he was probably in there. Then she heard a muffled sound, talking it seemed. She used her magic to make it so that she could see through the door. She saw the shadow of a wolf on the wall. It was curled up in a sleeping position. 'I knew he was involved with those wolves somehow!' she exclaimed in her head.

"Ughhh. I'm so tired of waiting!" Louie yelled. 'Waiting for what?' Lena thought.

Silence.

"They're probably still busy. I've texted and called them so many times already." he said. 'Who is he talking about?' Lena wondered.

"Right. Ok." he said. 'What???' she thought. She watched Louie go into a compartment in the wall, and take out a phone. She was shocked. He dialed a number. RING RING RING. Then there was a muffled voice saying something about a call and number not being available.

"See-waitttt a moment." he said.

Silence.

 "Oh, come on! Why don't you go see what they're doing." he said. 'Who the heck is he talking to?! And who is they?' she wondered.

"Ugh. Right. Well, it's not that far." he said. 'Is he crazy? Who is he talking to?! What isn't far?' she wondered.

Suddenly, the wolf got up and ran through the window and out into the city.

After waiting a few moments, Lena wondered if it was going to come back. Abruptly, she saw a blur of shadow. It was the strange wolf, and it went back to it's original place on the wall, but this time it sat up.

After a few moments, Louie said, "Alright." Then a thought came to Lena. 'Could he be talking...to the shadow?" she waved off the thought. 'Normal people can't see these kinds of shadows.' she thought.

He once again dialed a number on the phone. "Louie!" someone shouted from the other end. "Amy! Is it almost done?......" Louie asked. Lena couldn't hear the rest of their conversation, because even though she could see through it, that didn't mean the door wasn't there. It still muffled the sound. She only caught a few things. "...we've been absorbed in our jobs.....were almost done......24 hours.....same time...Sam's..." she voice on the other end said. "Great! Maybe....help....it's hell here! See ya soon!" Louie said. "Bye!" the voice said. Louie hung up. 

'Huh. Wonder what that's about. What jobs? What will happen in 24 hours? And who is Sam?' Lena thought.

"Yep. Then we'll be outta here." Louie said. 'We?' Lena thought.

Louie flopped onto the bed to take a nap, and the wolf shadow faded from the wall.

'That was weird, that's for sure. Should I tell everyone? Hmm. Nah. I'll just tell Webby and Violet. We'll figure out what to do from there.' she thought to herself.

She undid the enchantment so you could no longer see through the door, and raced through the halls to Webby's room, where she and Violet were reading.