Data Entry 7

"Being mysterious," Blavat grinned.

"What?"

"Were you distracted?" Blavat frowned slightly. "Here, give me the keyboard and I'll find the equation for you..." he held out his hand. Adrian shrugged slightly and shifted the keyboard toward him. Blavat did some rapid typing and pulled up a post out of nowhere. This was already a website Adrian had scanned before. Where did he get this?

"A riddle?"

"Something like that," Moriarty smiled. "There are numbers that I've found elsewhere on the page and this post gives you a little bit of an equation but that is as far as I've managed to reveal. I can't find any other mathematical clues and Blavat is hopeless when it comes to riddles."

"How do you two know each other?" Adrian found himself asking.

"We met at a cute little tea place," Blavat clapped his hands together.

"Right," Adrian stared at the screen and tapped his fingers on his desk. He tried various equations in his head but, of course, a famous math professor would likely have done all that before. This wasn't a math problem. It was an invitation.

Adrian grabbed the mouse and did a few clicks here and there. He used the equation to help him with the backdoor into the 'real' website. There was a series of conversation threads and a few requests. A prime website for a consulting criminal, one might say. A few of these threads might even have been used by Vincent. He'd have to investigate that later.

"Was this what you were looking for?"

"Yes, this will be quite useful, thank you," Moriarty smiled, or rather, the smile never really left his mouth. Not that it ever entered his eyes.

"You watched me do it so I can assume you don't need me to tell you the secret?" Adrian clarified.

"Yes, thank you, I shall take my leave then. Sorry to bother you," he turned on his heel and left gracefully. Adrian shook his head and sighed, resting his forehead against the edge of the desk.

"Are you okay?" Blavat plopped his head down right next to Adrian's to stare at him. Adrian shifted to look directly at Blavat. They had just a tiny bit of space between their faces. For the first time in a long time, Adrian was starting to feel flustered. He didn't understand why. He barely knew this guy. But, for some reason, Blavat kept popping up in his life.

"You have very interesting eyes," Adrian blurted out.

"Oh? Thank you. I quite like yours as well."

"I'm not-"

"Very interested in me, I know," Blavat smiled.

"So why do you-"

"Keep trying? Well, we all have our quirks." Blavat stood up straight at the same time Adrian sat up. There was something about him that Adrian couldn't quite figure out. Then he finally noticed the strand of hair that didn't blend with the rest. 

Cat and Mouse [SEQUEL TO FRAGILE MINDS]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara