Data Entry 17

Vincent poked his head into the office to check to see if Adrian was there. When he noticed that he was, he smiled, waved, and entered properly before closing the door behind him. "I'm back," he laughed. 

"So you are," Adrian smiled awkwardly. It had taken Vincent more time to come back than he thought. He was starting to think he wouldn't come back at all. But, he trusted Victor's judgment. Even if the guy never told him the reason for it. 

"I think I owe you an apology," Adrian began. 

"Hm? Why?" Vincent sat down in the chair opposite Adrian's desk. 

"I didn't realize you were talking about me," Adrian sighed. "I wouldn't have offered that advice if I knew..." 

"Which also means you wouldn't have been entirely truthful in giving your advice, right?" Vincent smiled a reassuring grin. "It's perfectly alright. I also neglected to tell you the truth which only complicated things further." 

"I'm not sure how you would've told me in that situation." 

"Well, in the end, you figured it out in one way or another." Vincent was very curious about how Adrian remembered but decided not to ask. Some things are best left up to the imagination. Otherwise, you'll just be disappointed with the truth. And Vincent's imagination, at the moment, was that Adrian remembered on his own. Even if the proof stated otherwise. 

"Would you mind telling me who you are to me?" Adrian asked. 

"An old friend," Vincent replied. "I don't want to bring up unpleasant memories just yet." 

"As I thought," Adrian adjusted his fake glasses, suddenly growing serious. "You're connected to Victoria Phantomhive in some way, aren't you?" He folded his hands on his desk and stared coldly at Vincent. 

Rather than lie at this stage in the game, Vincent placed his hand on his chest and introduced himself properly. "My name is Vincent Phantomhive. My relationship with Victoria is a bit complicated to explain at this point in time. Please be satisfied with just knowing we are indeed connected." He folded his hands and rested them on his lap, then crossed his legs. 

"You're hiding something," Adrian eyed Vincent, still incredibly cold. His body language was very obvious about it. 

"Yes, I am, but I'm telling the truth when I say you aren't at a point where you can have me telling you the answers," Vincent smiled. "Would you like a hint, perhaps?" 

It was dangerous to play with his own brain like this. But, for some reason, Adrian smirked again. He realized it himself this time, without the voice telling him, but that didn't make it any less confusing. Why was he enjoying this conversation? He should play it safe, shouldn't he? Avoid another relapse when he was already starting to go back to his healthier lifestyle... He wasn't healed from his trauma so...why was he trying to get it back? Stop smirking, damnit. 

"I wo-"

"I won't tell you," Vincent shook his head. "I don't want to risk it," he sighed. "I'll trust your schooling for a bit longer before allowing you to go digging. Okay?" Vincent was taking control of the decision. Adrian felt relieved but also terribly conflicted. He wanted to know but he didn't want to know. 

If you won't tell him. I will for you. Victoria snuck control for a few moments, slamming Vincent's hands onto Adrain's desk. Startled, Adrian leaned back in his chair, nearly falling out of it. Vincent regained control before anything more chaotic took place. This was not the time. Without a proper explanation, Vincent decided to create a scene. He sunk to the floor, grabbing the edge of the desk tightly, and sobbed. 

"I'm sorry," he apologized. "It's just incredibly frustrating to be forgotten. I didn't mean to do that...I just..." he sobbed uncontrollably. Thankfully, Adrian didn't know how to handle crying very well. This was the perfect distraction to keep him from analyzing that outburst of anger. 

Adrian got out of his chair and circled the desk. He knelt beside Vincent and attempted to soothe him. "You're handling the situation quite well considering the circumstances. I'm surprised you've remained this calm for so long, honestly," Adrian assured. "Are you okay with me touching you?" His professional side was showing again. Vincent hated this awkward distance. He should've just hugged him outright. 

Vincent nodded and continued his facade of a sobbing nightmare. Adrian hugged him and held him gently, patting his back lightly. His body...it wasn't just the height. This felt exactly the same as Blavat's. This didn't make any sense. 

It makes perfect sense. You just don't want to admit it. Adrian ignored the voice again. The Undertaker's laugh mocked him, swarming his brain. He gritted his teeth. 

"Are you okay?" Vincent's voice stopped the laughter. "Your nails...are very sharp and you've gotten a bit pale." 

Adrian immediately let go. He must've dug his nails into Vincent's back without paying attention. "I'm sorry... I'm supposed to be trying to comfort you." 

"It's okay, really," Vincent wiped his eyes. Not okay at all, he could feel scratch marks forming. If Blavat was a dumbass again and removed his shirt...how was he going to explain this shit? 

"Are you sure?" 

"Certain," Vincent smiled.