𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘺 𝘖𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘚𝘶𝘯

{the day of the black sun}

dearest aranya,

as i write this i prepare to leave the fire nation with zuko. i wish i could tell you this in person but it seems that it would only hurt and put you at risk, i'm trying to protect you from such a thing.

after all of our conversations, i do believe you understand why i am doing this. i have a hope that you can keep this letter to you quiet, but if you don't i understand why, your loyalty to your nation is essential to you.

one day i wish to return to the beauty that this nation is and be able to say i was able to rid the world of the thing that was killing it, the fire nation's dictator. i hope one day to have one of your hugs again without fearing for your life.

aranya, this goodbye is not forever, it is not an end; it means that i will miss you. we will meet again.

with love, your friend hana.

hana wiped the tears streaming down her face away. she was saying goodbye to the only other friend she had. she had trusted aranya heavily, even telling her things about zhao, the water tribe, and her own family.

hana quickly placed the scroll under her favorite blanket and walked out of her room. she quickly found zuko who had his scroll in-hand. they managed to get to mai's house without being noticed.

zuko placed his note on the bed for mai and apologized, guilt had been eating him up too. the two quickly left, wanting to not get caught. they quickly went back to the palace, they needed to gather their items if they wanted to survive this confrontation.

they went back to zuko's rather elegant room.

zuko talked to a picture of his mom as hana gathered her knives, "i know i made some bad choices. but today, i'm going to set things right."

hana grunted as she shoved her knives into place. she looked to see zuko staring at her. his face filled with worry and regret.

"i promise that we've got this, alright? we're going to set things straight, zuko," her voice was soft like a pillow. he could just sink into her and she'd absorb it all for him.

he picked his stuff up and looked at her, "thank you for waiting for me."

hana smiled, "i'd wait a million more years if i needed to."

the two teens quickly made their way to their escape route. they set all of their supplies there knowing they'll need it for what they're about to do.

hana sighed as she placed a sack of items in the hot-air balloon, "i'm so glad i'm getting out of here. i'm tired of being scared of every move i make. i breathe and i could get fucking killed."