• chapter eight •

• Ana's POV •

When we finally arrived in California I was the first one off. Not bothering to wait for anyone. I love traveling and all but I'm terrified of plane accidents which led me to be scared of planes. When I finally had my suitcases I go and wait in front of the exit and see the whole team running after me trying to catch up.

" Damn babe, you got some legs on you. ", Portman yelled from the back of everyone causing Adam to give him a death glare. What's his problem ? Before we landed I saw him just stare out his window deep in thought as if he was contemplating something in his head. Oh well, we're finally in California and boy is it sunny. Can get used to this while we're here.

" Alright guys, we're gonna get in the limo they got for us and head over to the hotel where I'll discuss rooming arrangements and our schedule for the while we're here. "

After coach let us know about that we each began drifting off into our own conversations. Everyone except Adam.

" What's wrong Banksy? ", I whispered in his ear and leaned my head on his shoulder so he couldn't act like he didn't hear me.

He just looked down on me with sad eyes and went back to staring out the window. I was not about to let my best friend be in a bad mood. Before I could think it through, I put my arms around his waist, grabbed one of his hands and started playing with his fingers which caught his attention causing him to look down to see what I was up to. He silently laughed and kissed my head due to my childish act.

" I'm okay Ana. Just trying to situate myself with being away from my family for a while. "

This poor kid had never been away from his family for longer than a week and here he was gonna be gone for almost a month. Even though he'll never admit it, we all know he's a momma's boy.

I was gonna tell him it was all gonna be alright when I realized we had arrived at the hotel. Jesus, that was fast.

Once we reached the lobby, Coach handed all of us our keys. Two people per room so we basically had a floor to ourselves. I was obviously rooming with Connie and Adam with Guy. They had barely handed Adam the key when Connie was already begging him to trade with her. Poor Banksy. He obviously agreed since he didn't want to be the cock blocker of this happy couple.

As me and him arrived to the room we discovered that there was only one bed. Great.

" Uhm I'll take the uhm floor if you uhm wa-ant. ", Adam stuttered while his cheeks got rosy.

" Chill Adam, we're best friends. It's not like we haven't shared beds before. I mean, we have had like millions of sleepover so just think of this like any other. ", I reassured him.

He seemed a little more relieved when I said that. As he began unpacking, I took that as the chance to go to the restroom and change into my sleep clothes which consisted of a pair of boxers that I stole from Adam once and a sports bra. We had barely been in California for a while and this heat was already killing me.

By the time I got out Adam was still unpacking with his back to me so I went to turn up the AC when I got an idea. I tip-toed to him and jumped on his back. Poor Banksy is always getting scared by me. He had me pinned to the ground and was looking down at what I was wearing. He gulped and finally looked at me in the eyes. His eyes kept on going from mine to my lips and before I could stop, we were both leaning in. Our lips were about to meet when the AC turned on, scaring us both shitless and causing him to get up from the position we were both in.

" Come on Banksy, let's go to sleep because we have a long day ahead of us. "

And with that we both got into the bed. We had our backs turned to each other till I felt Adam switch and pull me by my waist into him.

" Goodnight Ana. ", Adam whispered in my ear then kissing my cheek. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep listening to our syncing heartbeats.