• chapter nineteen •

Boy has it been a hell of a year. I made it! I made it to the pros and now I'm playing for the L.A. Kings and being the first ever girl to play in the NHL on an all boys team. So many achievements. Right now we're set on getting one thing, the Stanley Cup. Nothing else and at this point I don't think anything can get in the way.

Adam made it to the Blackhawks but Coach and the team know what happened and just won't let me play when we go against them. I'm sure he has caught on to that too. But they're playing in my house now, and no one leaves winning from here.

We were suiting up for warm ups and I felt pure determination. I would be starting and was proudly wearing my A. Quickly I gave an encouraging speech and led the team out for warm ups. We were led into stretches and started to practice anything we needed to. When I went over to drink water I felt someone stare at me. Turning around after taking a drink I realized it was Adam and his line. Adam giving me a sad look and almost as if he was afraid. His line giving me a look as if they were actually scared to get beat by a girl. Putting my helmet back on, I skated over to Doughty to let him know what happened.

Before I knew it it was time to go back into the locker room for a little Captain speech then go out again. As I looked out into the crowd I saw my family and the Ducks cheering for me. Wearing both mine and Adam's jerseys. Obviously split on who to go for. We were tied and this was game 7. I had never wanted anything more than this. As I lined up, I noticed I was across of Adam. This should good. As soon as the puck was dropped, I pushed him and raced over to get the puck.

* 3 periods and 2 overtimes later *

This has been a tiring game but we've been tied 3-3. Two from me and 2 from Adam. I had to get stitches by taking a puck to the face and getting in a fight with a guy. Hey, I don't really mind. I was not about to give up. We were in the last minute of the third overtime and Adam had the puck. We had a time out and there I quickly let everyone know that it was mine. Just to get everyone away from me.

I was racing after Adam for the puck and as he made a sharp turn I took that as the opportunity to check him and send him flying into the boards. Getting the puck, I raced down to Crawford and did one of my famous plays. I looked up at the clock. 0.01 seconds left.