• chapter sixteen •

The next day I took my sweet time getting out of bed till I remembered that it was my last day here. My last day with Adam for a long while. I quickly got changed remembering that we were meeting for lunch at some café downtown. During that time I began putting away some last minute things and just keeping the basic essentials for tonight and tomorrow.

I felt my phone vibrate on my nightstand with a text from Adam to meet him downstairs in 10 minutes. He acted weird around me yesterday but I shrugged it off and blaming it on the fact that it would be a long time without seeing eachother.

When it was time, I raced down to meet Adam and saw him holding out a bouquet of roses. Aw isn't my boyfriend just adorable? We headed over to the restaurant and finished our food quickly since we were both starving. After Adam paid for our food, we went out to walk the pier that was right by the lake we used to swim in during the summer and skate over during the winter.

As we got closer I saw a candle lit picnic waiting for us. We sat down and began talking about stuff that had been said millions of times but we didn't bother hearing of again. I laid my head on his shoulder as we were cuddled up in the blanket together, letting each other's company take over.

" Hey Ana, baby, can I ask you something? ", Adam asked nervously.
" Sure babe. What's up? "
" Do you love me? ", Adam questioned. Without hesitation I nodded my head and gave him a confused look as to why he was asking me this.

Before I knew it, Adam was down on one knee and had a beautiful ring in his hand. Oh my god . .