RUN

Within a few minutes the other players disappeared from your line of view. As you predicted you was able to keep up with Usagi's pace but suddenly she stopped running. You stopped next to her to catch your breath taking in your surroundings, what started off as a simple football feild turned to a forest the farther you went.

Guess they couldnt make it that easy 

REMAINING TIME: 4O MINUTES

You both glanced at your phones as the robot reminded you of your time limits. Usagi took out two small bottles of water from her waist pouch and handed one to you.

You:" Thank you"

Usagi:" No problem, so what's the plan do we just keep running or do you think there's a specific place they would put it to trick us?

You hummed in response, apart of you knew the games were capable of being very tricking to throw the players off however your inner self told you to keep goin towards the forest. You heavely debated what you should do, you knew everyone was counting on you two.

You:"I think we should go further in the forest but let's walk at a steady pace instead of running to see if we spot anything lurking around"

She nodded at your quick thinking as you both proceeded to walk at a steady pace,the forest held less light then the feild but you could still see the lights on the feild so you'd know which direction to come back. However the farther from the feild you went the darker it would get, at least you still had the screen lights of the phones to a degree.
( Forest👇)

At some point Usagi held your hand while you two continued to decend deeper through the forest

At some point Usagi held your hand while you two continued to decend deeper through the forest. There were faint screams heard every once in a while, assuming it was the other players that made it to the same forset as you. Usagi took a step and a gunshot was fired, you both froze but you realized it wasnt directed towards either of you. It was coming from another part of the darkness, another player which ment someone lost a teammate. Usagi's grip tightened a bit on your hand as she continued walking while you went into a deep though looking around behind her

If there are traps in these forests
What triggers them?
Does everyone get a different trap?
What trap would me and Usagi have to avoid?

TIME REMAING: 2O MINUTES

Your thought process was interrupted when heard the robot voice causing you to bumped into Usagi's back, she had stopped again and turned to you.

Usagi:" Look the white flag do you see it"

She whispered to you not wanting possible teams around to hear where they found the flags, but it was only the white flag to which you concluded every flag must be in a different place.  You squinted your eyes to see a pole in the ground with the white flag blowing in the wind. Usagi let go of your hand and walked towards the flag while you slowly followed, but you felt uneasy.

Something doesn't feel right
Why was the flag out in the open
They wouldnt make it that easy

Usagi's hand hovered over the flag until  your voice disrupted her before she could make contact

You:"Wait something isnt right, why is it just in the open. I use to play capture the flag in summer camp and there was always someone or something guarding it.."

Usagi:" That makes sense but we cant leave it here, the faster we take it the faster we can get it back."

She reached her hand and snatched the flag pole out of the ground. She walked back to you and grabbed your hand again, you got the message and quickly turned around to return back to the direction of the football field. The moment you turned around there was a growl in the distance,you both froze.

Dont look back
Dont look back

Both of you slowly turned your head and was met with a couldy mist far past where the flag was. The airs was filled with more growling

WT??

Slowly yellow eyes and a black shadow descended out of the trees about 2 feet from where the flag had been
(👇)

Slowly yellow eyes and a black shadow descended out of the trees about 2 feet from where the flag had been(👇)

That was the flag guardian
Oh fuck

Usagi:" RUN"

Her grip tightened on your hand once more as you both sprinted with this black panther hot on your tail. It's paws viciously pounded on the leafs and twigs as it got closer and faster with each sprint. You couldn't out run this thing ,no you had to out smart it. Your eyes quickly roamed around the forest while you ran besides Usagi. She had released your hand for a split second to maintain her grip on the flag, you saw something and mentally took note, you got an idea.

You:" TAKE THE FLAG BACK TO OUR TEAM ILL DESTRACT THE PANTHER. DONT PRESS THE BUTTON TIL I COME BACK"

Usagi:" ARE YOU CRAZY I CANT LEAVE YOU!"

You:"ILL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU TRUST ME I HAVE AN IDEA."

You did you had spotted a firecracker tangled in some vines in the tree you just passed. You knew alot about animals, you knew they didn't like the lights. You whistled and plit off in a right direction towards the vines, just as you intended the panther followed you leaving Usagi to continue running straight ahead. She ran until she saw the light from the feild shine through the forest

Almost there

She got onto the feild and ran towards her team station, Arisu noticed first and quickly stumbled up from the ground he was sitting in. Kuina and Chishiya got up as well, he immediately noticed you wasnt with her leaving his mind into a panic frenzy. The other teams panicked as well since noone from either of there teams had returned from the forest. Usagi placed the flag on there team's table and crashed into Arisu's arm to catch her breath, everyone looking at her concerningly.

Chishiya: "WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE"