Queen of Spades

You walked to the base of the game arena and noticed some people already standing there. You wondered why you felt anxious not being with anyone you knew this time. You'd figure it would prove as good motivation for you to get to the end. You also wondered where the others were so you mentally noted to yourself after this game you were going to convince Chishiya to help you search for eveyone else.

:"Y/N?"

You turned around scanning the crowd until your eyes landed on who you think called you. You definitely knew that voice

You:" Kuina?!"

Kuina:" Oh my God your okay!"

She practically ran to you and scooped you into a little hug. Surprisingly it was a really nice hug with just enough warmth. Then again she was alway warm and there was always something extra that intrigued you about her maybe you've just ignored it up until now. She let go of you and looked down at her hands. You tilted your head in confusion at her current movements. She'd never displayed any signs of nervousness or uncomfortablility around you before so what changed?

Kuina:" Listen I uh there's something I wanna tell you"

You admired how the dimedly lit surroundings highlighted her features and how it gave her outfit a certain glow that felt comforting to you. You waited egarly for her to continue her sentence but you noticed her eyes look at something else. When you followed her eyes You saw Arisu and Usagi with a little kid. Kuina observed how your face lit up so she softly smiled behind you and moved in front of you.

Kuina:" We should go with them"

Before she could get to far you grabbed her wrist gently which made her freeze for a second. She whipped her head around looking at your hand on hers and then at your face

You:"What you were going say before?"

Her eyes widended as she glanced to the left at nothing in particular just so she wouldn't have to meet your eyes

Kuina:" Uh.. I'll tell you after the game"

Karma's a bitch isn't it

She never pulled away from your touch instead she used your already conjoined arm to pull you to where Arisu and Usagi were. When Usagi looked to her right and saw you both her eyes lit up and she too engulfed you in a warm hug.

Usagi:" I was so worried I'm glad your okay"

Arisu:" How's Chishiya?"

Even Kuina looked at you quickly with full concern, she almost forgot you two were together and noticed how now you aren't.

You:" He's good, we cleared the jack of hearts not to long ago. I suggested that we slip up to destroy the bosses faster. I came here and he went to the King of diamonds in the arena across from this one."

Everyone nodded in contentment that you both were alive and well. Before any of you could think of asking anything else to say to each other the large flat screen lit up in front of you

Registration closed
Total particitants: 15
Game: Checkmate
Rules: There will be 16 rounds total, each team will get 5 minutes each. When it is your teams turn you are allowed the chance to tag players on the opposing team. To Tag them push the button on the back of there vest. Onced tagged those players are now on the team of there new color during the next round. Each team will have a King. Kings cannot change teams.

You all notice a shadow of a girl in a ponytail on the screen along with 4 other people on the red team

Queen of Spades: I'm the king on my team and I get to pick yours. Now I pick.."