The Surprise

You sat in your room with your right leg bandaged in deep thought apparently alot has happned while you where asleep a day ago. Chishiya told you how Hatter had been killed the nigh you all returned from your game, he told you how you passed out in his arms after you reached the finish line and how worried he was when he treated your wound.
You dont remember passing out but you did remember the warmth you felt in his arms, the relief you felt nuzzling your face in his neck after you had won.

But Hatter was dead?
How did that happen?
What did that mean for the beach now?

A knock at the door interfered with your thoughts before they could get any deeper, given you tried to move your leg only to whince slightly in pain at the sudden movement. You heard russling at the door before it opened itself revealing your four favorite people, Arisu, Usagi, Kuina and Chishiya.

Kuina:" Hey your awake! Oh dont do that"

She rushed passed Chishiya and helped you get back on your bed, they didnt want you to move if you didnt have to, they needed you to heal as fast as possible so you could play the next game though you all had some time. You've been playing alot so you each had a week worth of visas. Arisu closed the door to your room since he was the last one in taking a seat next to Usagi on some beanbag  chairs you had by the tv stand. Kuina  was on your left leaning against your nightstand  chewing on her chapstick while Chishiya sat across everyone on the right in the chair next to your bed, Where he had been sitting for the past day watching over you hoping you'd wake up.

You honestly thought he'd be more excited to see you awake his face went back to his usual emotionless calm composure. Guessing since you both wasnt alone he revert back to his cold state, but it made sense he didnt want anyone to see that soft side of him no only you were allowed to see that.

Chishiya:" I brought you a snack you need to stay replenished also dont worry about your spot as an executive I mention you where injured so your excused"

You simply nodded at his statement and accepted the granola bar he gave to you, you were more then aware of his bluntness in serious situations. He had answers so as you opened your gronala you decided to fill some of the silence.

You:" How did hatter die?"

Chishiya leaned back into the chair with his hands in his pockets as he gave you a half lidded stare. He admired your features and your voice having been thankful you were still alive. He made a mental to apologize later for his seemingly lack of intrest, but he couldnt let anyone see how vulnerable you make him. Kuina already witnessed to much the night of that game and that's all he wanted her to witness.

Chishiya:" He was shot in the chest that's all we know"

The room remained silent much to his annoyance so he keep talking while holding that gaze towards you.

Chishiya:" With Hatter gone theres no better time to proceed with the plan of stealing the playing cards."

You froze at this although you told him you didnt have a plan of your own you've developed one through the days. You wanted to steal the playing cards for him and make him find you for it. You already had everything set up for his suprise, the suprise where you sent him on a romantic scavenger hunt, the suprise leading up to the moment you would confess to him, the hunt you had been plotting since the beginning for your feeling for each other the cards just provided you a perfect start.

You had to think of a way to change his focus from the cards, from his own plan before you could do everything you wanted for yours. It sounded selfish but you had to find a distraction so you could do what he's been waiting for you to do, so you could do what you both have been wanting to do

You didnt want to lie him, no you didnt want to but maybe just maybe you had to. In order to distract him, in order to throw him off the road just the slightest to insure things would go your way.  It was worth the shot for love right?

You:" Cant we steal the cards tomorrow"

You pleaded tilting your head slightly. Just as you interpreted Chishiya was taken back by your actions, you never failed to send his mind into a parallel. He hasn't known you to be childish or to whine, he though he had you on board with everyone else, the moment he thinks  he can read you you throw him off.  Arisu, Kuina and Usagi remained quiet as he look at you and raised an eyebrow

Chishiya:" Niragi made everyone vote Aguni as leader he should be giving his speech tonight in another hour or two. The beach will be at hell under millitant rule theres no better time to do this."